HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    the.games

Latest Awards:

Default Book Club - The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Another book chosen for discussion this week is...

---

Remember to get involved with this and the other discussion here for your chance to win 1 months forum VIP.

---

Well done to @karter; who has been nominated for 1 months forum VIP due to his contribution in this thread.
    Last edited by the.games; 09-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    kromium

Latest Awards:

The Five People You Meet in Heaven, along with For One More Day and Tuesdays with Morrie are one of my favourite books and Mitch Albom is obviously my favourite author.

*spoiler alert*

The book did not appeal me in the beginning honestly, as I believe the protagonist should have some charm but old Eddie obviously lacked it . The real thing starts when he meets the guy who died because of him and you stick till the end.
    The most touching moment I personally believe was when he got his energy back and his legs worked and he was full of youth, running everywhere happily and making the most out of the moment Another strong moment was when he talks to his dead wife about their wedding and all the thing he hadn't shared since she passed away. The last part was quite shocking when he meets the girl who's shadow he had seen earlier but he couldn't save her and was stopped by a bullet from his captain. The depiction of the war is fantastic too. The part where he meets Ruby and the Captain did not cause a great impact but then again, they were highly overshadowed by the others.

When people tell me that I should read motivational books like The Alchemist or the fountainhead or whatever, I seriously get annoyed because books like these are the real motivational stuff, and they are not appreciated enough for it. I don't think any other author can picturise wars, accidents, disability and loneliness other than Mitch Albom. "Love is never lost"
    "There are no random events in life"

P.S: if you have read the book, you should see the movie based on the book starring Jon Voight, it's a small budget movie but the most delicate parts have been shot carefully and worth a watch for everyone
    Last edited by karter; 12-01-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    anyway

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Remember reading this in college in my 'read all the fiction in the library' phase. I enjoyed it, quite powerful messages in the story, how you can change a person's life without even realising.