HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Idea - Shoutbox

Tokens
    Habbo
    SourBean

Default Idea - Shoutbox

I've been apart of many forums and a Shoutbox is always what I like to see. A Shoutbox is a fun and easy way to chat to multiple people, without a Shoutbox we would have to exchange Skype details, or things like that, taking time and could be dangerous.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    without a Shoutbox we would have to exchange Skype details, or things like that, taking time and could be dangerous.
    post on the forum

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

We have tried it before and it didn't work. It's very difficult to moderate and distracts people from posting.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    I've been apart of many forums and a Shoutbox is always what I like to see. A Shoutbox is a fun and easy way to chat to multiple people, without a Shoutbox we would have to exchange Skype details, or things like that, taking time and could be dangerous.
    Just because some people like to see it but it isn't needed, why can't you communicate via the forum and really Skype details aren't that bad - if all else fails get your friends in a room on Habbo and chat .

Tokens
    Habbo
    Luke367

Latest Awards:

Don't re-bring this, Its very pointless.

Tokens
    Habbo
    SourBean

Fair Enough

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

No shoutbox, no MADbox ether, no flashchat, we don't need any more silly ideas to make the forum fail

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Anything that discourages posting on the forum is a no no.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,Alpha,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    No shoutbox, no MADbox ether, no flashchat, we don't need any more silly ideas to make the forum fail
    It's not a silly idea and we should not discourage (new) users from posting suggestions such as these because it could take 10 suggestions that you don't like to get one suggestion that could work.

On the shoutbox, it is unlikely to return to Habbox in the near future due to previous attempts that were unsuccessful because of the difficulty to moderate as well as the decline in posting that the forum experience. Admitedly it was a fun experience having a shoutbox with what was probably 100+ active members (exageration maybe) and if I recall correctly that was when the forum had the most online users record broken.