HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An Introduction

Tokens

Default An Introduction

Hello world,

Nice easter, everyone?

It's both exciting and unnerving to finally hit "send" on this post; It would have been next to impossible to do so prior, because of stupi… of all kinds of silly rules and policies.
    Now, with a much leaner organization and clear roles, Sulake can actually start to open up a bit, and hopefully have a better conversation with you all as a result. So:

My name is Timo, and I will be the one to blame in the future for "ruining old Habbo".
    I am a 35-year old finn, interested in science and art. I enjoy cooking, black music and absurd humor. I play football and don't care for long walks on the beach. Not yet, anyway. I like my new job. (Hey, all it took was 12 years of partially had work to get it. )
    Some might know my nick "Painimies" from the early years of Habbo; I actually did some serious ass-kicking in the original snow war (lumisota) even before joining Sulake.

I hope to use this space (or some other space somewhere) to do updates on both our current development, and HITCH* - my future concept for Habbo.
    Now, about HITCH… While I would prefer everyone just loving the bobba out of it, I'm sure some of the ideas will be kind of a shock to many. Hopefully a shock that will transform into an enjoyable agreement, once I'm done explaining.
    Just a heads-up.

I will also briefly explain why Illumina, whilst having loads of great ideas, still isn't the optimal way forward. (Reason #1: I need to take responsibility of _all_ my design decisions, so better to start with a clean slate. )

It will, however, take some time before I get around to all that. In the meantime, try asking something here. (We're still figuring out the best way to make a meaningful dev blog or some such.) I'll try to answer as many interesting questions as possible, but keep in mind that with our current staffing I tend to be extremely busy. Did I mention I was busy? If not, here it is: I'm busy. Also, busy.

Please enjoy the rest of your week!

Yours,
    Painimies

*HITCH = Holistic Interface Technology Concept for Habbo
    (I really just wanted to pay tribute to Christopher Hitchens - my personal hero.)

ps. Huge, big, immense, sizeable and large thanks to all our fan sites, and a special personal nod to Habborator, Habbox, Puhekupla and HabboTimes (So sad to see it go.)
    It's not just Habbos who use your services, I do too.

pps. That historical collection of UI-crap on the right side of Habbo… I KNOW... I know.

---------- Post added 02-04-2013 at 05:39 PM ----------

Actually, I did have favor to ask. If someone knows how to get in touch with Rakker, (Hi, Rakker!) could you ask him(?) to check his habbox inbox and maybe contact me.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

can u highlight the important bits in this cos im not reading all of that

thx!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is really interesting, one step closer to the Habbo community. I like it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So are you Timo Soininen the previous CEO who allowed Paul LaFontaine to demolish habbo or some other Timo?

Looking forward to your updates

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So where is habbo going in the next year... hopefully revival of articles.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Spiffy

Latest Awards:

Are you prioritizing what's been suggested on the UserVoice Forums based on demand or the amount of time it takes to do (whatever it is)? I'm all for moving forward but there are quite a few good ideas on there, yet no staff-comment-interaction regarding any of their status (Like Puffin's job did) - not even any sign of life and/or deleting Ideas that were flagged? And most importantly - my #1 hot button topic; Old Public Rooms. They need to make a comeback. Never giving up the fight, sorry!
    Last edited by Spiffy; 02-04-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: edited to add uservoice forum

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

How exciting and interesting.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

@painimies; I am not sure if someone has done it already but I've asked Rakker over twitter if he could check his Habbox Inbox for you. Welcome to the forums and I hope you post more!

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm glad Habbo are opening up, I can already see the benefits with the fansite frenzy etc.
    good thing you said what HITCH stands for because it sounds like some matchmaking thing haha, don't let Channel 4 know

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Really good way to contact members! Great start so far!

One question I kind of have is will habbo ever return our beloved forum groups? Where many of us had our own little communities based around things we love such as music, tv and art?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast