HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Default Margaret Thatcher Dies at 87

Passed away at 87 from a stroke.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/08/wo...thatcher-dead/

(CNN) -- Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher died Monday following a stroke, her spokeswoman confirmed.

Britain's only female prime minister, Thatcher served from 1979 to 1990 as leader of the Conservative Party. She was called the "Iron Lady" for her personal and political toughness.

Thatcher retired from public life after a stroke in 2002 and suffered several strokes after that.
    Last edited by Grig; 08-04-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cromwell

Latest Awards:

rest in peace to the iron lady x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not going to pretend I am a fan of hers, but RIP nevertheless - wouldn't wish death on anyone.

Although, it is arguably for the best - she has been ill for a while now.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ding dong the witch is dead which old witch? The wicked witch! Ding dong the wicked witch is deadddddd

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Even though she's been ill for some time, it's still a shock, RIP.

Cameron has cancelled the rest of his European trip...

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

In all honesty, I thought she died in like the 1980's, which just shows how much I know about our history and so on. Really should be more educated in it ahaa

But RIP her, shame to see anyone die

Tokens

Latest Awards:

"She was, above all, that rare thing, a conviction politician who was prepared to stand by those convictions for good or ill."

Quote from the BBC obituary. Link:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10364876 if you're interested.

Despite what you may think of her policies (and it sickens me how there is likely a small minority of left-wingers rejoicing at this news), we need more conviction politicians, both left and right of the political spectrum. We need leaders who have guts and principles that they'll defend to the death regardless of their career. Margaret Thatcher had that. RIP.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

on a side note lol... #nowthatchersdead is trending on twitter people are getting confused that cher died and it made me giggle

but r.i.p

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    "She was, above all, that rare thing, a conviction politician who was prepared to stand by those convictions for good or ill."

Quote from the BBC obituary. Link:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10364876 if you're interested.

Despite what you may think of her policies (and it sickens me how there is likely a small minority of left-wingers rejoicing at this news), we need more conviction politicians, both left and right of the political spectrum. We need leaders who have guts and principles that they'll defend to the death regardless of their career. Margaret Thatcher had that. RIP.
    I've got so many 40/50 somethings on Facebook rejoicing in the fact that she's died, one woman posted:

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS........... .....PARTTTTTTTTTTTAAAY....that bottle of champagne can FINALLY be opened............................................ ..........................NOW!"

And actually posted a picture of her having some champagne...

I mean, I can understand people really *really* didn't like her, but to publically celebrate her death is really distasteful...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Teabags

Latest Awards:

can't understand all the hate towards her.
    Guessing it's more a PR thing and people have jumped on the bandwagon.

superhappy.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast