HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Name for my Mystery Story Protagonist?

Hi all

This is like really not the thing to do, but I've been thinking of names for like the lead role of a murder mystery/mystery story but none quite seem to click. I was wondering if some of you guys could help me

All I'm looking for is a good first name or surname (or even a middle name) of the lead investigator and his assistant.

Bit of background: they work for the police force and the assistant is Scottish. No more spoilers.

I will literally be eternally grateful for all your suggestions and if you come up with like a perfect name I'll be sure to remember you

Thanks
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I've never liked the idea of creating characters with random names (especially in fantasy novels where people just put random letters together) and think it's always worth working out an etymology for at least the main characters. It doesn't have to be obvious like a Scottish investigator called Irnbru McHandcuff but like the Scottish surname Cameron means "crooked nose" so that's got quite an obvious character to it, or if he's a munter try MacLeod as Leod comes from the Norse word for ugly
    I'm prob just really sad but I have more fun creating the characters and their names than I do with the actual writing half the time
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I've never liked the idea of creating characters with random names (especially in fantasy novels where people just put random letters together) and think it's always worth working out an etymology for at least the main characters. It doesn't have to be obvious like a Scottish investigator called Irnbru McHandcuff but like the Scottish surname Cameron means "crooked nose" so that's got quite an obvious character to it, or if he's a munter try MacLeod as Leod comes from the Norse word for ugly
    I'm prob just really sad but I have more fun creating the characters and their names than I do with the actual writing half the time
    That's actually very informative +rep

If I get around to finally figuring out his entire personality, can I ask you to suggest a decent name?
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yeah if you like also I just realised that if MacLeod means "Son of Leod" and leod means ugly then a whole bunch of people in medieval Scotland were literally naming their kids Ugly, what a country
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I just use real people until I think of a name. embarrassing story though cos someone googled their name once and id posted my story and forgot to change them all round so it was all over the school. had people begging me for the next chapter, jake wasnt the only one with the gonna publish a book dream lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    Daltron

Latest Awards:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I just use real people until I think of a name. embarrassing story though cos someone googled their name once and id posted my story and forgot to change them all round so it was all over the school. had people begging me for the next chapter, jake wasnt the only one with the gonna publish a book dream lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Daltron View Post
    Thanks both +rep
    Mark Twain