HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Willem-Alexander crowned as King of the Netherlands

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...r-Holland.html

Camilla, the dazzling Duchess, in Amsterdam to celebrate the crowning of King Willem-Alexander of Holland

- Duchess of Cornwall joined Princes of Wales at inauguration ceremony for King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
    - Wore powder blue Bruce Oldfield dress teamed with pearl accessories
    - Dazzled guests at Gala Dinner last night in monochrome gown

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    All eyes were on an emotional Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands as she signed over her throne to her eldest son Willem-Alexander this morning.

But the real star of the show was the Duchess of Cornwall who cut a glamorous yet unassuming figure by the side of her husband, the Prince of Wales.

While she dazzled last night in a flowing floor-length evening gown, she today opted for a more simple, yet nonetheless stylish look as she attended the inauguration ceremony for King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands.

Style credentials: Camilla looked stunning in a powder blue gown at the inauguration of King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands at Nieuwe Kerk

The 66-year-old donned a chic pale powder blue dress by one of her go-to designers Bruce Oldfield, which she teamed with an array of dazzling accessories.

Her blonde hair was layered and voluminous and she wore an intricate feathered headpiece by Philip Treacy to match her dress.

Grand arrival: Prince Charles of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive to attend the inauguration ceremony for King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands at Nieuwe Kerk

Camilla and Charles joined Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain and Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and his wife.

This morning, an emotional Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands signed over her throne to her eldest son Willem-Alexander as thousands poured on to the streets of Amsterdam to welcome their first king in more than 100 years.

The 46-year-old gripped his mother's hand after they both put their signatures on the abdication document at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam.

Lady in blue: Queen Maxima looked stunning during the investiture ceremony with her husband

The much-loved Beatrix ended her 33-year-reign as thousands of orange-clad people cheered outside and millions more watched on national television

The 75-year-old looked close to tears as she then appeared on a balcony overlooking some 20,000 of her subjects.

'I am happy and grateful to introduce to you your new king, Willem-Alexander,' she told the cheering crowd.

Moments later, in a striking symbol of the generational shift, she left the balcony and the new king, his wife and three daughters - the children in matching yellow dresses and headbands - waved to the crowd.

A moment in history: The much-loved Beatrix ended her 33-year-reign as thousands of orange-clad people cheered outside and millions more watched on national television

Waving to the crowds: Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands with King Willem Alexander (L) and Queen Maxima (R) appear on the balcony of the Royal Palace to greet the public after her abdication

We have a new Prince of Orange, the first King of the Netherlands in more than a century.

More stunning pictures on the article.

I tried to find a video on YouTube of the Royals on the balcony but none has been put up as of yet.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 30-04-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I adore the Dutch Royal family, they're so calm and collected, while also down to earth. Beatrix is definitely worthy of the name "Beatrix the Beautiful", she is a wonderful woman. The King seems like he will do a good job, I can't imagine him shopping in public in The Hague which is apparently what he does with Maxima. They contrast to our Royals, who are obviously more world renowned.

It was nice seeing how the Dutch celebrated all things Monarchy - the Queen's Day events, although big in the Netherlands, go about quietly in the world media. Seeing Dam Square packed with orange was quite interesting to see, as I've always wondered what it was like after visiting Amsterdam a few ago. I didn't think Nieuwe Kerk was the ceremonial venue for the Dutch but apparently it is, it's quite an amazing building and worth visiting whenever in the city. Oude Kerk is a little bit different to it, surrounded by window shows

I found it hard trying to find much footage of the ceremonies on BBC News, but I guess there is a lot of important British news at the moment (a Muslim pensioner stabbed to death on his way home from evening prayers is more important). EuroNews had quite good coverage.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why quote an article which talks more about Camilla than the event itself?
    Chippiewill.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I adore the Dutch Royal family, they're so calm and collected, while also down to earth. Beatrix is definitely worthy of the name "Beatrix the Beautiful", she is a wonderful woman. The King seems like he will do a good job, I can't imagine him shopping in public in The Hague which is apparently what he does with Maxima. They contrast to our Royals, who are obviously more world renowned.

It was nice seeing how the Dutch celebrated all things Monarchy - the Queen's Day events, although big in the Netherlands, go about quietly in the world media. Seeing Dam Square packed with orange was quite interesting to see, as I've always wondered what it was like after visiting Amsterdam a few ago. I didn't think Nieuwe Kerk was the ceremonial venue for the Dutch but apparently it is, it's quite an amazing building and worth visiting whenever in the city. Oude Kerk is a little bit different to it, surrounded by window shows

I found it hard trying to find much footage of the ceremonies on BBC News, but I guess there is a lot of important British news at the moment (a Muslim pensioner stabbed to death on his way home from evening prayers is more important). EuroNews had quite good coverage.
    It is an interesting traditional of stepping down, not sure i'm keen on it myself but still - remarkable sight really to see a sitting Monarch abdicate on television next to her heir. A big contrast to the British system, but hey it works for them.

I love pretty much all Royals anyway, so the pictures are lovely to look at when theres a big event and they all gather together from across the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Relating it to a British readership, and I think it was under 'Femail' which explains it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

That's exactly what I was thinking while reading the article.. A british women magazine should talk about Camilla's dress, sure, but not give it almost as much important as the event itself..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidLuck. View Post
    but not give it almost as much important as the event itself..
    The first word in the title for the article itself was Camilla, it wasn't almost as important it was outright more important which is bizarre to say the least.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

The first word in the title for the article itself was Camilla, it wasn't almost as important it was outright more important which is bizarre to say the least.
    LOL, true. In Portuguese magazines, the only thing she'd get is 1/8 of a page when it comes to the dresses.