HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who uses f.lux?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Default Who uses f.lux?

This isn't suppose to be one of those other threads you may consider "silly" - I am quite interested to know if anyone on Habbox actually uses it. I know two friends who use it and swear by it but I always thought "Meh" about it.

If you don't know what f.lux is then basically:

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.
    f.lux

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Available for Windows, Mac, Linux and jailbroken iPhone/iPad

Anyone use it now or have done in the past? If you do use it or have used it then what are your thoughts on the program.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 20-05-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Everytime I try to use it I end up with headaches because colours aren't as they should be.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

I've been using it on my phone and ipad for a while but had no idea it was on windows too. I'll give it a go!
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i use it on my laptop but hate it but too lazy to uninstall or quit it

SO YELLOW

Tokens
    Habbo
    urmum

Latest Awards:

your know your forums gone to **** if you have to say that this isn't one of those "silly" threads :rolleyes:

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mrwoooooooo View Post
    your know your forums gone to **** if you have to say that this isn't one of those "silly" threads :rolleyes:
    Well people decided to post such threads just because of a feedback thread :rolleyes:

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thought the name looked familiar, I used in the past and will probably start re-installing it now. I found it quite good and enjoyed the lighting more in all fairness.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Name looked similar to me too though turns out I haven't used this before. Sounds really interesting though and might try it out now actually

edit: after downloading it made it look really odd to me tbh LMAOO i'll see if I like it though for now
    Last edited by Zelda; 20-05-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I do use it, it's a bit weird to get used to but I definitely think it helps reduce headaches and the like.

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

I just recently started using it, coz I got a new monitor and I was saying how it's a lot brighter, and my friend mentioned f.lux so I tried it out.

I like having it on the warm setting in the night but I can't stand being on the computer when it's normal and then having it change while I'm on.

I also find it a little buggy. Like I just opened it but it hasn't even shown up but if you click on the area of the screen that it should be showing it acts like it's there although it's not. Exiting then restarting it fixed that though.

Check out our fabulous wiki!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast