HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default What are you working on?

I've seen this kind of thread on other forums and they're usually kind of popular. They allow people to show off what they're doing even if they don't need help or if it's not worthy of a thread in itself.

In this thread you can post screenshots, code excerpts or other forms of outputs of stuff that you're working on or you can engage in discussion about something someone is working on.

Disclaimer: Please take note of the forum this is located in, Designing and Development, meaning that if you wish to show something off it must be in some way related to coding or web design. Also to ensure this does not devolve into a fast thread can you please avoid responses such as "That's nice" or 'Wow! Cool', please attempt to give some kind of feedback or criticism if you are not submitting something you're working on yourself.

----------------------------------------------

I am currently working on Habbox.com V7's Rare Value search system, it's mostly complete now, though without a UI at present.

It's a massive upgrade to the V6 search system, besides not starting searching before you finish typing it's going to support a variety of additional features. Instead of searching by just name you can also search by value, release date, motto, tags and various other aspects and you can also sort by pretty much anything.

It's built on top of Sphinx Search which apart from making it much easier to code than using MySQL full-text search, it also makes it lightning fast. The forum already uses it for search.

Just to break down the following query, it is searching for any furni which:

Has the word 'throne' in any of it's name, motto, category or tags.
    Does not have the word 'royal' in it's motto.

And the results are sorted by their names descending.

Unfortunately I can't show off anything fancier as the DB isn't yet populated with data such as value.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 28-05-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Looks interesting tbh and I'm not working on anything lol #cantcode

moderator alert Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly
    Last edited by Martin; 29-05-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens

Latest Awards:

working on my ****

moderator alert Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless/off topic posts
    Last edited by Martin; 29-05-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Planning out "Dear Calum" for Saturday night.

TAKES OVER THREAD MWHAHAHAHA lol

Edit: OH! Coding forum? Well, project at the moment is School website. Really simple. Boring tbqh

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Well seen as though there hasn't been any constructive posts since Chippiewill's I will go through what I am working on at the moment.

At work we are currently migrating our Oracle system to SQL Server, which means that all of our reports need to be rewritten to comply with T-SQL. So I'm just finishing off a lot of our college based reports - such as ID cards, receipts, offer letters, interview letters etc. Throughout the migration me and my team are responsible for everything running smoothly and applying any fixes to the new software we receive. We are also looking at new solutions to overcome any old reports that still use MS Access.

On top of this I am marking my student's exam work and continually trying to improve on my website http://www.egyptianhistory.co.uk. There is potential that we could be changing our teaching platform from MS Access to Sql Server Management Studio/Visual Studio - which could involve working more closely with my module leader at De Montfort university on.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Time for some new content, my uni sent me a raspberry pi yesterday and tasked me with creating an AI for battleships for a competition once uni starts. I'm currently working on the targeting portion of the AI by working out the probabilities of a battleship being on a square, in order to see how it's working I tasked myself with coming up with a visual heatmap for the probabilities.

I'm developing on windows for the moment. The heatmap probably doesn't make much sense, this is because the rules are slightly changed as the board is L shaped and some of the actual battleship shapes have been adjusted, they're not just straight. But accounting for the rules, the greener it is the more likely a bit of a battleship is overlapping that point.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Time for some new content, my uni sent me a raspberry pi yesterday and tasked me with creating an AI for battleships for a competition once uni starts. I'm currently working on the targeting portion of the AI by working out the probabilities of a battleship being on a square, in order to see how it's working I tasked myself with coming up with a visual heatmap for the probabilities.

I'm developing on windows for the moment. The heatmap probably doesn't make much sense, this is because the rules are slightly changed as the board is L shaped and some of the actual battleship shapes have been adjusted, they're not just straight. But accounting for the rules, the greener it is the more likely a bit of a battleship is overlapping that point.

Why does it say \habboxretro? In the cmd.exe bit ?

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    Why does it say \habboxretro? In the cmd.exe bit ?
    My downloads directory was set to the directory I was working on https://habbox.com/retro from, kivy (The gui stuff) was saved to that directroy.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ToyTruck

Latest Awards:

I'm not working on anything atm but i'm looking to start working on something.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Nothing major going on over here. I've been out of the coding game for a while, so I'm slowly easing myself back into it with simple projects.
    Right now I'm working on a sort of 'hot or not' site, but it's a bit different to other sites like that. I've come up with a few features that I'm pretty sure are unique and will allow me to play around with some interesting statistics, which is always fun.

I've also been working on a few little websites for family and friends that run local businesses, but that's boring stuff.

Oh, and I've been putting together the plans and basic structure and stuff for my big projects that I'll be attempting after these warm ups. I don't want to say much about them because I think they're genuinely good ideas and I want to keep them protected until they're released, but they're basically sites with heavy youtube integration, mainly focused around improving the searching and the communication between channel owners and their fans.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast