HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Varnius

Latest Awards:

I always get mail from them about 'Going to College? How about a MacBook' yeah, no thanks.
    Search Varnius for Habbo's Official Trading Room.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Daltron

Latest Awards:

get emails about this all the time too

apple seems to be a big thing at my law school, no apple macbook and you're a loser :p

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JACKTARD View Post
    If you're going to uni wait until you get your uni email!!
    You get hundreds off when you're a uni student!
    Yeah I'm definitely waiting . Idk if I'm even going to uni yet.

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by today View Post
    Actually you'll find some Students prefer Macs for designing due to the ease and UI, as with other factors playing a part.
    This, as a Student myself I would be lost without my Mac.

Better battery life, better OS, better hardware, better software, you get what you pay for.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Schools and students shouldn't waste money on anything Apple.
    Actually you'll find some Students prefer Macs for designing due to the ease and UI, as with other factors playing a part.
    This may be the case, but reading the original quote, he does also specify schools - and he is quite right, when looking at the standard school Macs offer absolutely no benefits over Windows - apart from being an absolute arse for students who want to bring work over from home, but use Windows PC's. Oh, and I know there is a Microsoft Office for Mac OSX - but it is a ghastly product compared to the Windows counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
    This, as a Student myself I would be lost without my Mac.

Better battery life, better OS, better hardware, better software, you get what you pay for.
    Better OS = 100% down to opinion
    Better Hardware = Design generally better, insides depend on what you pay for
    Better software = I don't even know where to start.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This will forever be a Mc vs Windows thread so I don't see the point in trying to justify the reason for some schools / colleges and uni's to use Mac's, and some don't.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    This may be the case, but reading the original quote, he does also specify schools - and he is quite right, when looking at the standard school Macs offer absolutely no benefits over Windows - apart from being an absolute arse for students who want to bring work over from home, but use Windows PC's. Oh, and I know there is a Microsoft Office for Mac OSX - but it is a ghastly product compared to the Windows counterpart.

Better OS = 100% down to opinion
    Better Hardware = Design generally better, insides depend on what you pay for
    Better software = I don't even know where to start.
    I used to be an avid Windows User till I got my Macbook, I agree the OS is down to opinion, but IMO its just so much.. easier and fluid to use.

Hardware - I love the design, the insides can't really be grumbled at, i5 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, Flash based, considering for something with the same build quality and the same specifications you are going to be paying the same amount, Which is one of them new Razer laptops.

Software - I just find that software built for Mac is again, higher quality, easier to use, runs better, however again thats probably opinion.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

My school had a room filled with about 20 Mac's and after about 6 months they were all stolen

I liked using them for media studies

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
    I used to be an avid Windows User till I got my Macbook, I agree the OS is down to opinion, but IMO its just so much.. easier and fluid to use.

Hardware - I love the design, the insides can't really be grumbled at, i5 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, Flash based, considering for something with the same build quality and the same specifications you are going to be paying the same amount, Which is one of them new Razer laptops.

Software - I just find that software built for Mac is again, higher quality, easier to use, runs better, however again thats probably opinion.
    As someone who uses BOTH OSX and Windows still, I would personally pick Windows - having said that I do enjoy OSX too.

The hardware stuff; definitely the designs are beautiful (although I think Windows manufacturers are finally bringing out incredible designs too (the Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook is an example in my opinion). The insides are not standard - and any computer can come out with 16gb ram, core i5 etc - and other companies are less likely to charge £160 for the privilege of going from 8gb to 16gb lol

Software built for Mac in some cases is great, although I think for a standard student (who needs productivity tools such as a word processor), Windows comes out on top every time. Having said that, I prefer using Photoshop on Mac, I don't know why as the Windows version is the same - it just feels, well, right.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I swear these threads always turn like this.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast