HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Default Apple's Back to School promotion - launching tomorrow and to include the iPhone?

I'm planning on buying a MBA soon, and so I might do so while this promotion is on. I just saw on MacRumors that it'll be launching tomorrow and interestingly it'll include the iPhone for the first time. Although, with the next iPhone coming out in a few months time I won't be bothering to buy one now .

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/01/...or-first-time/

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I was hoping they would release the rMBP refresh before the promotion. Maybe they're waiting for the promotion to reduce the stock of the current rMBPs before they release the new ones. They're probably doing the same with the iPhone too, since their refresh should be coming soon.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Schools and students shouldn't waste money on anything Apple.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I was hoping they would release the rMBP refresh before the promotion. Maybe they're waiting for the promotion to reduce the stock of the current rMBPs before they release the new ones. They're probably doing the same with the iPhone too, since their refresh should be coming soon.
    Yeah definitely, that's probably the reason they've added the iPhone to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    How is it a 'waste' of money exactly ?

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Trainor View Post
    How is it a 'waste' of money exactly ?
    Because you can get similar pc/android products for a cheaper price (or for the same price you get far more for your money)?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Because you can get similar pc/android products for a cheaper price (or for the same price you get far more for your money)?
    Depends on the school / college / uni type.

You'll find Apple is very popular with Graphic Designers and some Gaming Designers thus they'll use Apple.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by today View Post
    Depends on the school / college / uni type.

You'll find Apple is very popular with Graphic Designers and some Gaming Designers thus they'll use Apple.
    Yes but you'll also find it doesn't matter (at least for students) as the software is the same...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In terms of computing Apple's hardware is unrivaled and if you want a similarly made PC you will be paying a similar price (e.g. Razer Blade). Yes, you can get a PC with better specs for a cheaper price, but it's very unlikely you'll get the same support Apple offers, the same quality hardware, and OS X (assuming most students don't know how to or don't want to build a Hackintosh). The specs Apple computers offer are suitable for even the heaviest graphics/games designers, music producers, engineers, etc. and the only people who would need higher specs would be gamers -- who would never be considering a Mac in the first place. However, I agree with you that many Android phones and tablets are better than what Apple offers.

If students can afford it they will be getting what they're paying for and a future-proof product that will last them for many years.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes but you'll also find it doesn't matter (at least for students) as the software is the same...
    Actually you'll find some Students prefer Macs for designing due to the ease and UI, as with other factors playing a part.
    Last edited by today; 03-07-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JACKTARD

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Trainor View Post
    I'm planning on buying a MBA soon, and so I might do so while this promotion is on. I just saw on MacRumors that it'll be launching tomorrow and interestingly it'll include the iPhone for the first time. Although, with the next iPhone coming out in a few months time I won't be bothering to buy one now .

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/01/...or-first-time/
    If you're going to uni wait until you get your uni email!!
    You get hundreds off when you're a uni student!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast