HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default "Curing" arachnophobia

I don't have just a tiny phobia , its absolutely massive and I get petrified of the smallest spider. I jump and scream near them and its really starting to bug me now cause I don't want to be afraid of such a silly thing (which is actually quite cute if you stare at it whilst its in a glass or sommet).

I've actually had a few nightmares recently involving spiders too and I just feel its at the point where I need to change it before it just gets even worse.

Trouble is I'm not actually sure how I'm meant to get over this phobia. I'm not gonna throw myself in the deep end and try and hold a tarantula or something cause id collapse I'm fear , but I'm not sire how else to get over it (inc. "professional" treatments)

Any help ? :/
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

I'm also interested in what people suggest, because as you know I also have a fear of spiders.. Although maybe not as bad as you . But yeah idk really :S.

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Try systematic desensitization. This is essentially a hierarchy of different levels of exposure to spiders, eg. the first stage being a looking a picture of a cartoon spider, and the final stage being holding a live tarantula. Gradually expose yourself more and more to a level of the hierarchy until you are comfortable with it 100%, then move on.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

but seriously just try to warm to spiders more in general like holding one
    Last edited by lemons; 10-07-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    OldLoveSong

Latest Awards:

watch this vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNHK565cVe8
    honestly this guy has such a love for tarantulas like their his family and its pretty heartwarming, try checking out his other vids. I was deathly afraid of spiders but after looking thru all his vids i even wanted to get my own tarantula !

xo.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

My aunt did this thing where she went to a hypnotising course type thing. Basically it's like that thing where you can get hypnotised to stop smoking but they talk about spiders instead (A)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

andy's idea seemed pretty good but if u can look at a spider thru a jar then maybe you're not as scared as you think. if you really do wanna 'cure' it and fast, you could just try being really brave and next time you see a spider, get your parents to get it and hold it or be close to it or w/e.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ndy View Post
    Try systematic desensitization. This is essentially a hierarchy of different levels of exposure to spiders, eg. the first stage being a looking a picture of a cartoon spider, and the final stage being holding a live tarantula. Gradually expose yourself more and more to a level of the hierarchy until you are comfortable with it 100%, then move on.
    yeah this is true BUT for every stage u pass you may just worry about the next stage, knowing it's going to be worse as you go along. imo jumping into your fear is the most effective way to get over it because it can teach you that it isn't as bad as you THINK but whatever, i feel like most people are happy to be scared instead of face their fear.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    yeah this is true BUT for every stage u pass you may just worry about the next stage, knowing it's going to be worse as you go along. imo jumping into your fear is the most effective way to get over it because it can teach you that it isn't as bad as you THINK but whatever, i feel like most people are happy to be scared instead of face their fear.
    well i tried 'jumping into it' with my Hemophobia and fainted lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ndy View Post
    well i tried 'jumping into it' with my Hemophobia and fainted lol
    idk i gradually got over my emetophobia somehow i guess by taking my mind off it whenever in the situation. or maybe being around loads of drunk kids desensitised me towards it.
    have u tried systematic desensitization then?

pigged 25/08/2019

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast