HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default 'Brexit': IEA offers €100,000 prize for best essay on UK exit from EU plan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23322122

'Brexit': IEA offers prize for UK exit plan from EU

The prize money for the best essay plan is 100,000 euros - or £86,000.

Quote Originally Posted by State News (BBC)
    The Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) has announced that it is holding a competition to find the best plan for a UK exit from the European Union.

The free-market think tank said it would award its Brexit Prize to whoever came up with the best blueprint for the UK after the EU, covering the country's withdrawal and post-exit repositioning.

The winning entry will be awarded 100,000 euros (£86,525).

The IEA said it was time to look at how the UK might fare without the EU.

It said: "We need to give serious consideration to how the UK could have a free and prosperous economy outside the EU, given that exit is a serious possibility after the next election."

Entrants, who can be individuals or corporate bodies, are invited to submit a 2,000-word outline proposal by 16 September. The authors of about 20 of those entries will be given four months to produce a more detailed version.

The nine judges include former Chancellor of the Exchequer Lord Lawson, who wrote a newspaper article in May calling for the UK to leave the EU.

Another judge is economist Roger Bootle, founder of Capital Economics, who won last year's £250,000 Wolfson Economics prize awarded for the best plan for dealing with member states leaving the eurozone.

Lord Lawson said he welcomed the IEA's initiative, adding: "Now that we have been promised an in-out referendum on Britain and the EU in 2017, it is essential that this momentous decision is preceded by a well-informed debate. The winning entries in this competition will be an important contribution to that process."
    I'm tempted even though I wouldn't stand a chance. Might give it a thought as something to do after my holidays. I know Dr Richard North and friends over at the EU Referendum blog are compiling an essay together, and i'd be surprised if he didn't win tbh.

Thoughts?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Seen this and I'm also tempted I have time to kill so I thought to myself, may as well. Something to stop my brain going into mush more than anything else. I do wonder why the prize is in euros though.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You may as well go for it. It's a shame they haven't considered a few essay prizes - one for academics, one for students and one from another view point, maybe younger or of a deeply professional view point?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    You may as well go for it. It's a shame they haven't considered a few essay prizes - one for academics, one for students and one from another view point, maybe younger or of a deeply professional view point?
    First prize is €100,000, second prize is €10,000 and third prize is €5,000. There will a special prize of €5,000 for the best entry from an individual aged 30 or under.
    http://www.iea.org.uk/brexit