HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    I guess so ;s I guess the science is just something to fall back on for if I get all d's next year ahaa..

Go to 6th form, then hopefully uni for law. don't really know if they'll accept me for 6th form to do law if I've only got a c though D;
    I don't see why they wouldn't. A C is a pass and they can take into account you did it a year early.

EDIT: Just remembered, if you can't do it it's not the end of the world, you don't need to do law at A level to do it in uni (in fact it's an idea to not take it as you'll be doing mostly the same stuff)

Regarding your remark question, I believe if they remark it and you go up a grade it's free of charge.
    Last edited by Ardemax; 22-08-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I guess so ;s I guess the science is just something to fall back on for if I get all d's next year ahaa..

Go to 6th form, then hopefully uni for law. don't really know if they'll accept me for 6th form to do law if I've only got a c though D;

ok now i'm seriously peed off haha
    1mark off a b in law ;/

does anyone know how much a remark costs and when it should be done for?
    If you're in year 10, can't you just retake a poor module in year 11 ready for year 12?

And obviously you need to contact your sixth form to see what grades they require, at my place you need C to advance.

Good news though, to do law at Uni, you don't need a law A-Level. Infact, I've heard that an A-Level in Law is actually a bad thing, and Uni's have to 'unteach' you first... Might want to double check though

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

does anyone know how much a remark costs and when it should be done for?
    I don't think they cost too much but I would ask your school, my school pays for our remarks if it's like 1-5 marks away off a boundary

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yep, Leicester University for example does not require A-Level Law for a Law degree... Prettty sure Law is one of the only A-Level subjects you can do at Uni without the A-Level in it

Does require AAA though there

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 01:23 PM ----------

Haha, the Leicester Uni page says:

"You need AAA in A-Levels and we do accept General Studies and Law"

That means some Unis don't even accept an A-Level in Law towards your grades!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Amberr

Latest Awards:

I redid my gcse maths this year and I now have a B so im happy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    If you're in year 10, can't you just retake a poor module in year 11 ready for year 12?

And obviously you need to contact your sixth form to see what grades they require, at my place you need C to advance.

Good news though, to do law at Uni, you don't need a law A-Level. Infact, I've heard that an A-Level in Law is actually a bad thing, and Uni's have to 'unteach' you first... Might want to double check though
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitrone View Post
    I don't think they cost too much but I would ask your school, my school pays for our remarks if it's like 1-5 marks away off a boundary
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Yep, Leicester University for example does not require A-Level Law for a Law degree... Prettty sure Law is one of the only A-Level subjects you can do at Uni without the A-Level in it

Does require AAA though there

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 01:23 PM ----------

Haha, the Leicester Uni page says:

"You need AAA in A-Levels and we do accept General Studies and Law"

That means some Unis don't even accept an A-Level in Law towards your grades!
    Wow really? So doing law at a-level may even be a bad idea?! cheers!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks guys

From what I can see, the only Uni to list Law as a 'Non-preferred subject' for a Law degree is LSE. So they will take people who didn't do A-Level Law than who did.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks guys

Sometimes even doing law at uni may be a bad idea, as you re-learn most of the information through training to be a lawyer or whatever. That's why a lot of people do something like history in uni and then go on to train in the law profession
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes there is a bit of confusion about whether taking A Level Law is advisable or not. If you want to do it then quite gladly go for it (although it is not considered "as facilitating a subject" compared to maths / science / english / some humanties) and if you get a good grade in it then woo. I'm sure there was a survey (I was given the results of it in my law class) about which universities were open to accepting law - all of them but Oxford and Cambridge were.

The teaching style of it at university is different hence why some unis will deter students from doing it at A Level.
    --

Congratulations on GCSE results everyone else

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zitrone View Post
    omg i am back i am so ******* HAPPY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

GEOGRAPHY A*
    FRENCH A*
    FOOD TECH A*
    MATHS A
    MEDIA A
    BUSINESS B
    ENGLISH LIT B
    STATISTICS B
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE C

btec science i got merit and epq I got a B!

omg sosoososos happy

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 12:18 PM ----------

but i am peed off because they wouldn't let me do sociology because I didn't have a gcse in history or psychology gutted so now i am doing media, french and geography
    That's a bit weird, I never obtained a GCSE in either of those and was allowed in
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Amberr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Yes there is a bit of confusion about whether taking A Level Law is advisable or not. If you want to do it then quite gladly go for it (although it is not considered "as facilitating a subject" compared to maths / science / english / some humanties) and if you get a good grade in it then woo. I'm sure there was a survey (I was given the results of it in my law class) about which universities were open to accepting law - all of them but Oxford and Cambridge were.

The teaching style of it at university is different hence why some unis will deter students from doing it at A Level.
    --

Congratulations on GCSE results everyone else

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 02:56 PM ----------

That's a bit weird, I never obtained a GCSE in either of those and was allowed in
    I never did either and was allowed to do it, i didnt think sociology specified any subjects?