HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    Yeah yr 10, only got triple science left to do, done all the others in year 9. + maths/science are the full GCSE.
    I guess I'm annoyed as my teachers have been predicting all these grades which I'm happy with/the mock exams were good, but then I come out with these.. what ;//

and dont even get me started on my english.. got a C on my exam when all through the past 2 years my teacher has given me no extra help as he claimed I would do fine and was getting high results blahblahblah. ugh, damn him ;/
    I wouldn't worry about your GCSE grades. I was excluded from school for the whole of year 11 managed to get 5 C's with a D in Science. Now I have a degree and they personally offered me a place to do my masters.. No need to worry

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Yes there is a bit of confusion about whether taking A Level Law is advisable or not. If you want to do it then quite gladly go for it (although it is not considered "as facilitating a subject" compared to maths / science / english / some humanties) and if you get a good grade in it then woo. I'm sure there was a survey (I was given the results of it in my law class) about which universities were open to accepting law - all of them but Oxford and Cambridge were.

The teaching style of it at university is different hence why some unis will deter students from doing it at A Level.
    --

Congratulations on GCSE results everyone else

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 02:56 PM ----------

That's a bit weird, I never obtained a GCSE in either of those and was allowed in
    ik so annoying

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    I guess so ;s I guess the science is just something to fall back on for if I get all d's next year ahaa..

Go to 6th form, then hopefully uni for law. don't really know if they'll accept me for 6th form to do law if I've only got a c though D;

ok now i'm seriously peed off haha
    1mark off a b in law ;/

does anyone know how much a remark costs and when it should be done for?
    As others have said, you certainly don't need law at A Level. It is also the case in SOME Universities that law is not accepted, however it is a myth that this is common - I think it is more of a modern grannys tale that this is the case.

I took Law at AS Level and got a C in it, so proceeded to drop it - found there to be far more work than any of my other subjects, although my hatred for the teacher probably made it worse. Don't worry about being one mark of a B - whilst it is disappointing, you could potentially risk dropping a grade - which would be silly for something that doesn't matter too much

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    As others have said, you certainly don't need law at A Level. It is also the case in SOME Universities that law is not accepted, however it is a myth that this is common - I think it is more of a modern grannys tale that this is the case.

I took Law at AS Level and got a C in it, so proceeded to drop it - found there to be far more work than any of my other subjects, although my hatred for the teacher probably made it worse. Don't worry about being one mark of a B - whilst it is disappointing, you could potentially risk dropping a grade - which would be silly for something that doesn't matter too much

If the paper got remarked and she dropped from a C to a D, there was some serious bad marking in the first place to drop a whole grade boundary.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    If the paper got remarked and she dropped from a C to a D, there was some serious bad marking in the first place to drop a whole grade boundary.
    Not sure how many marks in the paper.. In some subjects that only means like 4 marks.. If that.

I know some people from my college got a D which was remarked to an A the year before last lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    Circadia

Latest Awards:

Err what are these Distinction things? Not BTECs are they?

Yes BTECs, I did them because there was no GCSE alternative in the subjects at my school at the time. Hence why there is Drama and Performing Arts there as I was given the option to do GCSE Drama as an extra GCSE in year 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    when you say "distinction* (A*A*)" does that mean you got a distinction or an A*? I ask because some schools lie to their pupils and tell them BTECs are worth a certain number of GCSEs when in fact they're not.
    Don't know what schools you've been too but my school certainly doesn't lie about the amount of GCSEs a subject is worth :L Anyway yes, my distinction*'s are all worth 2 A*'s each.

This is what I was thinking - I know a lot of my friends from different schools were disappointed at Sixth Form when they found out their BTECs were not considered worthy lol

--

Well done on the Maths, Science and Eng Lang GCSEs Midnight (and all the others, obviously!) nevertheless

I was constantly told during the enrolment at sixth form that I had a fantastic set of results and my BTECs were never mentioned to be less worthy than the GCSEs I had received

Yeah I'm the **** who believed this advice, who can now not get accepted into some of the top Universities for my chosen courses lol. Why did I not try in Maths :L got a B, business courses want an A

The woman at enrolment said that with my great set of results I should try and apply to get into one of the top 24 Universities in the country as it would be a waste for me not to go to one :L

'On top of the world, on top of it all,
    trying to feel invincible.'

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-SAFE View Post
    Yes BTECs, I did them because there was no GCSE alternative in the subjects at my school at the time. Hence why there is Drama and Performing Arts there as I was given the option to do GCSE Drama as an extra GCSE in year 11.

Don't know what schools you've been too but my school certainly doesn't lie about the amount of GCSEs a subject is worth :L Anyway yes, my distinction*'s are all worth 2 A*'s each.

I was constantly told during the enrolment at sixth form that I had a fantastic set of results and my BTECs were never mentioned to be less worthy than the GCSEs I had received

The woman at enrolment said that with my great set of results I should try and apply to get into one of the top 24 Universities in the country as it would be a waste for me not to go to one :L
    I am being straight with you, nobody will consider them 2 A*s - a BTEC is a BTEC, whilst a GCSE is a GCSE. I'm not saying they are worth nothing for you, just that they don't literally translate to GCSEs - sorry, but that is a fact.

Also, the woman at your enrolment appears to have referred to the Russell Group Universities. I should point out this group is merely about the money spent on research, and does NOT indicate whether a University is "worthy". Case in point; I received all five of my offers from Universities. Four of these offers were from "Russell Group" ones, whilst one of them was not. I have opted to go for the one that is not in this group, and have considered reapplying for another University... that is not in this group. Th Universities I am referring to are Loughborough and Bath, now lets have a look at the league tables;

Bath - number 9
    Loughborough - number 14

Both of these feature higher in league tables for Business-related courses specifically, but to keep it fair I went for the overall results. Meanwhile, as an example, Sheffield is not in the top 24.

Certainly, even if we put the BTECs to one side, your results are excellent and there is no reason why you can't apply at the top Universities in the country, but please, ignore any tripe you hear that you should apply at "one of the 24" (aka the Russell Group) - the only people this REALLY benefits is your college, who can add students to their precious statistics :L

Tokens
    Habbo
    BlackSpoons

Latest Awards:

omfg at being the forum dumbass, got at as:
    BTEC ICT - D*
    Geography - C
    Biology - U
    Chemistry - D

Quote Originally Posted by Betsie_Curatola View Post
    Failed my AS's today and dropped out. Woo!
    Same boat pretty much! They told me I could progress onto A2 but told them to shove their a levels and went to apply for full time BTEC in Applied Science, so I can still get onto my uni degree at a decent-ish uni.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516