HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Chris Fountain (Coronation Street) Rap incident

If you haven't read in the last few days, Chris Fountain has been suspended from Coronation Street while an investigation is underway after it was revealed he uploaded a collection of rap videos, where he wearing Halloween masks rapped about things such as rape, killing etc. A lot of charity organisations such as ones to help rape victims have condemned the videos and appear to be asking for his removal from the soap.

There are some censored videos online, and while I will agree that they are possibly in bad taste I think they have been taken very out of context especially when you consider some of the songs that actually get released into the charts. I think that a lot of the people complaining don't seem to realise just like he plays a character on TV a lot of artists also perform as characters.

I also found it interesting how the news have used words like vile to describe just the mask he was wearing which turns out to be just a standard halloween mask. Just seems like it's the news as usual trying to make something sound far worse than it actually is

Oh just to add, the music is actually crap ha

Last edited by peteyt; 18-08-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ToyTruck

Latest Awards:

LOL what an idiot.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Just looks like he was taking the piss abit really. Dunno why he's suspended over that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Police View Post
    Just looks like he was taking the piss abit really. Dunno why he's suspended over that.
    yeah that's what it looks like to me too :S dunno why it's taken so seriously

Tokens

Latest Awards:

IT'S COS RAPE IS THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD AND IF YOU EVEN JOKE ABOUT IT IT'S LIKE KILLING A BABY

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's a bit silly taking something from a year ago and suspending him for it, he was having a joke and he even said he didn't do anything else like it. He was experimenting with music.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    yeah that's what it looks like to me too :S dunno why it's taken so seriously
    The media is a weapon and its used to scare people. Notice how its usually the bad news that gets the most coverage. They want people scared, angry etc.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Everyone loves a controversy. In a smart world this should blow over because it's so uninteresting and dated, but for some reason people care about things that happened years ago :/

What I don't understand is: his character, Tommy, has so many good qualities that this dated incident nearly completely ignores them. As a person he seems fine, and his character portrays the situations he gets in rather well. It seems so stupid really that the media has made a mountain out of a mole hill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

i would let him do stuff to me he is bare fit tho
    but this is disguting

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Police View Post
    Is it acceptable for a public figure to talk about assaulting and raping women with no consequences?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast