HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    But let's say that the Syrian Government genuinely did conduct these chemical attacks - what would air strikes achieve? even if you disable the Syrian airforce, the ability to launch chemical attacks remains as they weren't launched from the air anyway. And also, wouldn't disabling the air force of the Syrian Government make the use of chemical weapons to a desperate and collapsing regime more likely? I know if I were in a situation that was getting worse and I had chemical weapons - I would certainly use as my last resort just as Britain would have done the same in the event of a German invasion in WWII.

And then there's the question of, if you do cause Assad to topple - who takes over? what happens to Syria? the idea that bombing the country will solve anything is astounding ... I mean, what is the objective of such an airstrike?
    Personally, I wouldn't know what the 'correct' cause of action would be if it were the government, but something would need to be done. You are probably totally correct that airstrikes wouldn't achieve anything.

My view is simply this: If I was living in Syria and my government were launching chemical weapons, I would pretty much accept anyones help - and considering the US, UK and France are some of the biggest powers, it's our duty to step in when something's wrong. As I said before though, a large part of this is dependent on who is launching the attacks.

As for your last point, who knows what will happen afterwards. But surely (if it were the government), Assad being gone is a better thing.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    ...considering the US, UK and France are some of the biggest powers, it's our duty to step in when something's wrong. As I said before though, a large part of this is dependent on who is launching the attacks.
    Is it? so is it your own moral duty to step in, or the duty of other men your age? or is that just politician-speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan
    As for your last point, who knows what will happen afterwards. But surely (if it were the government), Assad being gone is a better thing.
    Is it? i'm not sure about that - the minority groups of Syria, particularly the Christians, disagree with you that Assad being gone is a better thing.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 04-09-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Is it? so is it your own moral duty to step in, or the duty of other men your age? or is that just politician-speak?

Is it? i'm not sure about that - the minority groups of Syria, particularly the Christians, disagree with you that Assad being gone is a better thing.
    I reckon it's our country's duty to go and step in given the position we are in. Personally, I wouldn't, no

And about Assad, I'm speaking purely on the Chemical weapon attacks/No chemical weapon attacks. I know I'd rather have no chemical weapon attacks.

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

why cant i as a british citizen have a say in this

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    We elect our MPs, and our MPs said no...

Or do you mean a referendum sort of thing? I reckon that would take a long time to set up

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by vls View Post
    Because if we gave everyone a "say" in everything going on we wouldn't get anywhere. Your "say" is with your MP who is acting on your behalf in Parliament.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ardemax View Post
    Because if we gave everyone a "say" in everything going on we wouldn't get anywhere. Your "say" is with your MP who is acting on your behalf in Parliament.
    bnp?

just kidin i dont know who i would freakin vote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12