HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    As for finance, I was under the impression that you cannot get a loan from student finance, since it won't be your first degree course (assuming you've already took one out).

As for bursuarys, it really depends on what PGCE course you do. At the top end if you want to train to teach Physics or Maths at secondary (Like me) you can get £20,000 for a first or 2:1, £15,000 for a 2:2 or £9,000 for anything else. So your tuition fees are paid for.

This scales down depending on how bad they need teachers for each subject, and goes down to ordinary primary school teachers that get £9,000 for a first, £4,000 for a 2:1, and nothing for anything else.

I'm glad I relooked this up, because last year it was £20k/£15k/£10k for Maths at Secondary, but now it's £20k/£20k/£15k - great news

- - - Updated - - -

Yup Was aiming for Leicester Uni, but just got an email that my Uni (Loughborough) is now offering my course starting next year, so I have a choice now, which is great I was ready too, since it was already delayed from October since UCAS took over Don't trust them with anything

I'm sure you can still get a loan for Teacher Training courses after an undergraduate. I'll have to look into it properly though, not 100% whether I'll get my first or not (right on the border )

I've got my heart set on Exeter at the moment, Southampton & Bristol are my other two!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Student Finance England do have loan schemes for postgrad teacher training, yes. With that in mind, it's a pretty good idea to go through a PGCE anyway just because it's an extra step towards a Masters without needing full funding haha, am totes taking advantage of this
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Student Finance England do have loan schemes for postgrad teacher training, yes. With that in mind, it's a pretty good idea to go through a PGCE anyway just because it's an extra step towards a Masters without needing full funding haha, am totes taking advantage of this
    That's good then, but hopefully I won't need to take out a loan since the bursary should cover the costs nicely We'll see

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

A lot of people will take out the full loans now because it's the lowest interest loan you're ever likely to get - if you think you MIGHT have to borrow money in the future just get the loan now. I think I'll have 4k funding so I'll need to stump up 5, but I'll still take out the maximum amount as a down payment on the future basically

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Not sure about High School teaching but I didn't do any teaching qualifications when I taught the HNC in Computing at College. This was ok but I think the only difference was in the pay .. For me I believe it was £21 an hour apposed to £24 an hour if I had a teaching qualification.

Just to clarify I only did this for a year - I was going to carry on (and may do in the future) but I was offered a full-time position.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Moniquee.

Latest Awards:

Hey there,
    I'm doing primary (elementary) teaching at the moment, I thought it was what I really wanted to do but I went on prac and I realised I didn't want to do it. Some kids these days are horrible and I don't think I have the patience haha.

The units you do in course have been really fun and pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do want to do it I advise you do well in English and Maths.
    'Every person from your past lives as a shadow in your mind. Good or bad, they all helped you write the story of your life, and shape the person you are today.'
    -Dan Zantamata.

Interested in joining the Asian - Pacific DJ team? Click here for more info!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Teaching isn't all that it's cracked up to be

Tokens
    Habbo
    maken

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JustZach View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice off someone who may have researched into this a bit more than me or maybe even is currently in the process. My number one career goal is to become a Police officer, and I've been for an interview the other week and find out in a few weeks if I've progressed to the next stage to become a PC.

Obviously, I need a backup plan if that doesn't work out. The only other job I have ever wanted to do is to become a teacher. Is there anyone who knows how to become a teacher, if you need experience, best things to do etc. I'm looking to becoming a secondary school teacher if the Police doesn't work out, and hopefully work my way up to the pastoral team in the school.

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Hi JustZach,
    You may not know but some do - but I completed my PGCE last year and am on my NQT year, which is just another year of having a smaller timetable but you're actually working at the school and get paid.

To start teaching you have to have had enough experience in an industry before hand or hold a valid undergraduate degree from University. You then go on to a postgraduate course called a PGCE in # (I say # because you can do it in any subject or a couple depending on subjects) - this training puts you in placements to get experience of the classroom, schools and then some! You have to do 3-4 assignments depending on Universities and have to actually pass each stage to gain your PGCE diploma.

To get on to a PGCE course you also need to have QTS tests done, these are done by the same people who do your driving license and it is basic GCSE Maths and English tests. I passed first time.

Basically, if you're someone they feel like could be a good teacher when you go through the interview process - regardless of massive qualifications or other things, they will let you on the course. I think at my University there was a minimum of a 2.2 at University and all C's at GCSE, I had to go to a whole day interview process as it was very competitive as it was one of the best Uni's for teaching - I had to present, do written and oral tests, interview, second interview and some other things.

It's a fantastic career, hard but rewarding.

That's all I have off the top of my head, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I'm thinking of becoming a teacher in the future although I need to find out a lot more about it. I think before I do become a teacher though i'm starting to incline towards a stint in the Royal Navy. I'll see anyway.

But yeah i'd want to teach History ideally.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123