HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    MilksAreUs

Latest Awards:

Default iPad Mini or iPad Mini w/ Retina Display

Hey guys, just been to Currys/PC World. After close comparison, I decided to get an iPad Mini for christmas. The iPad mini with Retina Display was compared by one of the staff. He let me hold, play on and use the camera just to see the difference. The screen size is the same; 2048x1536 resolution. The width is the same, and the camera is too. Guess which is different? Nothing hardly?! The pixels looked EXACTLY the same, and even though it is called " iPad mini with Retina Display" its not very crystal clear. So i've got for the iPad mini.
    Jump! For my love

Tokens

Latest Awards:

• The resolution is NOT the same - the iPad mini (original) had half the resolution.
    • The iPad Mini with retina display has about 3,000,000 pixels, compared to the originals 700k (not exact...)
    • The CPU has been significantly improved
    • I wouldn't trust purple shirt staff with 10p, never mind any real decision.

From what I've read, if you were actually comparing the two products, the retina display one is noticeably better.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MilksAreUs View Post
    Hey guys, just been to Currys/PC World. After close comparison, I decided to get an iPad Mini for christmas. The iPad mini with Retina Display was compared by one of the staff. He let me hold, play on and use the camera just to see the difference. The screen size is the same; 2048x1536 resolution. The width is the same, and the camera is too. Guess which is different? Nothing hardly?! The pixels looked EXACTLY the same, and even though it is called " iPad mini with Retina Display" its not very crystal clear. So i've got for the iPad mini.
    iPad Mini is crap. Should of got the one the one with Retina Display.

Also the resolution is actually 1024x768.
    Last edited by iBlueBox; 05-12-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

You can tell the difference between a non-retina display and a retina display for sure. I don't think everyone can see it though but the majority of people can.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 06-12-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

I was originally going to get the 1st gen too but now that I don't need 3G and Tesco have the retina base model for £299 I've decided I'll just buy that one. The 1st gen to 2nd gen mini is a huge jump, not just for the retina display but also for the internals and for £70 extra or whatever it is I'd say it's worth paying the extra. I would probably get the Nexus 7, seeing as it's £100 less, but I want iOS .

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think you were comparing a Retina and non-retina screen, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8