HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: What type of time do you prefer?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 24 Hour

16 43.24%
  • 12 Hour

15 40.54%
  • Both

6 16.22%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lucaskf390

Latest Awards:

We use 24hours in Brazil, but I prefer 12hours.
    Dominus pascit me, et nihil mihi deerit

Printscreens+Rare Collection +Rooms over the years: https://imgur.com/a/HIBhjhc

--

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I always use the 24 hour clocks And I'm shocked that so many people have an issue with telling the time from a clock face - I never really considered people could have an issue with that until Joey Essex popped up...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    I always use the 24 hour clocks And I'm shocked that so many people have an issue with telling the time from a clock face - I never really considered people could have an issue with that until Joey Essex popped up...
    It just takes a few extra seconds okay

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    So did you never know when a class was ending or something? Well I presume you had a digital watch but still, I can't believe you'd fake that all through school omg.
    in primary i would just ask someone or look at the time on the computer projector thingy haha

it's never really been a problem though because i guess most things are digital

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

I generally prefer 12 hour, but i always find the am and pm thing really confusing for midday and midnight like surely midday should be 12am not 12pm ;L but i always start getting confused with 24 hour, but only for 2 times really, call 15;00 5pm and 20:00 10pm lool but not the other ones?
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    I generally prefer 12 hour, but i always find the am and pm thing really confusing for midday and midnight like surely midday should be 12am not 12pm ;L but i always start getting confused with 24 hour, but only for 2 times really, call 15;00 5pm and 20:00 10pm lool but not the other ones?
    The terms am and pm mean ante meridiem (before noon) and post meridiem (after noon). 12:01pm has pm, since it is 1 minute after noon. It would be strange if you gave midday as 12am, because time would go 12am, 12:01pm. So midday is denoted 12pm, meaning midnight is 12am. Technically though, the terms am and pm are irrelevant to midday and midnight, since neither are 'before' or 'after' - which is why the 24 hour clock is better as it gets rid of ambiguity. Because we have 00:00, 12:00 and then 23:59 rolls back to 00:00.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

depends really
    when im speaking to people i like them using 12 hour like skype and stuff but i prefer my alarm clocks being in 24hour
    i used to only have a 12 hour one and i used to always sleep in the afternoon and sometimes i'd wake up at 7 but i wouldnt know if its 7am or 7pm so i'd get all panicky then open my blinds and it'd be dark so i would be like o
    so if im typing to osmeone on facebook/skype i think 12hr is easier lmao if its my alarm clock then i prefer 24hour

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    The terms am and pm mean ante meridiem (before noon) and post meridiem (after noon). 12:01pm has pm, since it is 1 minute after noon. It would be strange if you gave midday as 12am, because time would go 12am, 12:01pm. So midday is denoted 12pm, meaning midnight is 12am. Technically though, the terms am and pm are irrelevant to midday and midnight, since neither are 'before' or 'after' - which is why the 24 hour clock is better as it gets rid of ambiguity. Because we have 00:00, 12:00 and then 23:59 rolls back to 00:00.
    ah that makes sense i suppose, i just always thought it was odd how you would go like 11;59am 12pm too though cause doesn't really make a ton of sense starting counting at 12.
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens
    Habbo
    eet

12 hour time

Tokens
    Habbo
    Krazybethw

Latest Awards:

I completely prefer 12 hour time. its just easier but i do know 24 hour and i can look and be like 15:17 o its 3:17. I think its because we generally say it in 12 hour format rather than 24. Like if someone asked me the time i wouldnt say 1500. id say 3oclock! ahah!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast