HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    But my point is, is a one word on topic post any better than a longer off topic post? To me, they both seem equally valid for 'pointless posting'.

I mean, Skandair got warned for saying 'Alone' in the Who do you go shopping with thread? But Emily didn't get warned for saying 2011 in the 'When were you last in an Ambulance'.

So even if we only include short on-topic answers, some people get warned, others don't.
    this is wat i mean 1 rule for some and another rule for others
    me and skandair get the worst of it because we have bad reputations for pointless posts. its totally bias

wats more if skandair had said "i go alone" it wouldnt have been pointless and it literally adds NOTHING to his post

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    But my point is, is a one word on topic post any better than a longer off topic post? To me, they both seem equally valid for 'pointless posting'.

I mean, Skandair got warned for saying 'Alone' in the Who do you go shopping with thread? But Emily didn't get warned for saying 2011 in the 'When were you last in an Ambulance'.

So even if we only include short on-topic answers, some people get warned, others don't.
    Yes, I agree, they're equally as bad as each other. I can't speak for other Mod's here (and I don't believe I PM'd Aiden so excuse me if I'm wrong) but all of these kind of posts before the reminder was posted, I'm leaving how they were and posts since that announcement has been made, I have been editing. Of course, that is just how I'm doing it, other Mod's are doing it how they see best.

Edit:

I am going out now, I'll reply more later!!
    Last edited by Phil; 26-01-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You're right here. There should be some consistency in the way posts are edited, but at the moment nobody seems to know what is pointless and what isn't. It's difficult to revise the rules because we could end up with problems either way.
    Well, either way there are problems, so we might as well try and get consistency.

The way I interpret the rules, one word answers ARE allowed. You are not allowed to post threads that ONLY allow for one word answers. The ambulance thread allows for more discussion (You get people talking about experiences etc.). The same goes for the shopping thread, people talk about how they shop. Skandair shouldn't have been warned for that.

On the other hand, you could punish Skandair if he was constantly posting one word answers in threads, as that would suggest post count boosting - but that would mean removing posts rather than warning posts.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Is anyone going to add a warning thing to this post then?

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...73#post8088973
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I did have a massive paragraph but no one would read it so I'll just say this.

Pointless posting should be defined as anything that does not promote active discussion. If it is not "reply-able" then surely it is pointless on a forum?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by subo View Post
    this is wat i mean 1 rule for some and another rule for others
    me and skandair get the worst of it because we have bad reputations for pointless posts. its totally bias

wats more if skandair had said "i go alone" it wouldnt have been pointless and it literally adds NOTHING to his post
    Very true, and back in the day, I definitely got more than my fair shares of mod warns for pointless posting when the 'Misc' subforum got removed and post count got re-added.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Calum0812 View Post

Pointless posting should be defined as anything that does not promote active discussion. If it is not "reply-able" then surely it is pointless on a forum?
    Best remove "Discuss Anything" then
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

you can reply to anything...

person a: whats ur fav colour
    person b: red
    person c: quoting red - omg same, do u have a shade you like?
    person b: yeah yeah, i like the ruby kinda colour
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Calum0812 View Post

If we enforce the rule like that, we best get rid of all of my favourite threads (What you wear, what you listen too, what you last watched on TV)

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skandair View Post
    you can reply to anything...

person a: whats ur fav colour
    person b: red
    person c: quoting red - omg same, do u have a shade you like?
    person b: yeah yeah, i like the ruby kinda colour
    Oddly enough of all those, person B's first post would be the one that gets a mod notice
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast