HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

Default #SaveBBC3 - BBC Three 'to become online channel'

The BBC is considering making BBC Three a wholly online channel in an attempt to cut costs, according to reports.

If approved, it would mean the digital channel's output would only be available through the iPlayer service.

The reports prompted some celebrities to rally behind the channel, with Matt Lucas tweeting its closure would be "really bad for new comedy".

A BBC spokesman said "nothing is off the table", adding "no decisions have been made".

The reports follow a speech given by BBC director general Tony Hall last week in which he said "tough choices" would have to be made if the corporation is to meet its savings target.

"We are in the final stages of a budget process to find an extra £100m of savings," he said at the Oxford Media Convention. "I will announce the outcome of those decisions in the next month."

In response to speculation over BBC Three's future, the BBC's spokesman said: "Tony Hall set out some of the very real challenges the BBC faces at his speech in Oxford.

"He made clear that we will face tough choices about our budgets, and while nothing is off the table, no decisions have been made."

'Sizeable step'
    The futures of both BBC Three and BBC Four have been much discussed as the corporation continues to implement cost-cutting measures.

BBC TV Channel budgets 2013/14

BBC One: £1,051 million
    BBC Two: £415 million
    BBC Three: £85 million
    BBC Four: £49 million
    CBBC: £79 million
    CBeebies: £29 million
    BBC News Channel: £53 million
    BBC Parliament: £2 million

According to industry newspaper Broadcast, moving BBC Three online "would amount to a sizeable step" towards delivering Lord Hall's £100m savings target by 2016.

The channel's service budget was £85m in 2013/14.

The speculation follows the BBC's decision to broadcast select TV shows online ahead of their scheduled TV transmission, among them the latest sitcom from comedian Peter Kay.

Since its launch in 2003, BBC Three has been the birthplace of numerous ratings successes, including Little Britain, Torchwood, Being Human and Gavin and Stacey.

These were among the shows singled out by Little Britain star Lucas in a tweet proclaiming the channel to be "the home of new comedy and drama".

His sentiments were echoed by comedian Jack Whitehall: "I really hope reports that the BBC may kill BBC3 are just rumours. Their support of new comedy in particular is vital."

The BBC has previously reversed decisions to close its 6 Music and Asian Network radio services after concerted campaigning by supporters.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26447089

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

UGH NO bbc3 is my fave

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

uh doesn't really bother me i don't watch anything on it unless a friend asks me to

Tokens

Latest Awards:

bbc3 is a great channel

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Noo if this happens I won't be able to watch it online

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's not a completely crazy decision, although I do wonder why they would axe BBC3 over BBC4.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Samantha.

Latest Awards:

I really hope this doesn't happen. I love BBC3

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i love sun sex and suspicious parent but thats about it tbh
    (obv gavin and stacey was amazing as well )

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

What they even doing?!

#SaveBBC3

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

How on earth does it cost £85 million for BBC3?? Yeah they do a fair few shows for the channel but they also repeat like mad. They probably only have around 1 hour of new content daily.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast