HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

doesn't look good
    its been missing since 17:30 gmt I think?
    keepin up to date here http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...h-live-3219331
    still nothing

Eric's post says it crashed but apparently that guys words were mixed?
    Last edited by buttons; 08-03-2014 at 10:52 AM.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well, it must have crashed - no chance it's still flying, and if it landed somewhere, surely someone would have been able to contact someone by now. The question really is how many people have survived - it could have ditched safely right? Although you wouldn't expect that from a complete loss of contact? I think I'll shut up and let other people on here discuss, we do have a lot of plane-orientated people on here

Also, I was just thinking - the Malaysian GP is in Kuala Lumpur and the Chinese GP is in Beijing - you think the F1 personnel would have took this flight since the two grand prix are only a week away from each other? Scary if this happened a few weeks later...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Oh god, this not good news at all. This reminds me of the Air France 447 flight that went missing back in 2009. Hopefully they will be able to find it soon and start looking into it what the hell happened.
    It's quite a small area to search compared to the Air France flight from what the media seem to be suggesting (whole of the Atlantic vs. South China Sea), but it's strange how there is a lot of urgency being made about it but not as much action as there probably should be - or at least not from where I'm sitting, they seem to be keeping it quiet other than showing airport cancellations. Is it assumed it has now crashed or is there a chance it landed elsewhere with no records suggesting what the plane is and how it got there, if that is even possible? It seems strange that they've not checked the flight path of the plane or if they have that it's not where it should be.

Very peculiar situation.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    It's quite a small area to search compared to the Air France flight from what the media seem to be suggesting (whole of the Atlantic vs. South China Sea), but it's strange how there is a lot of urgency being made about it but not as much action as there probably should be - or at least not from where I'm sitting, they seem to be keeping it quiet other than showing airport cancellations. Is it assumed it has now crashed or is there a chance it landed elsewhere with no records suggesting what the plane is and how it got there, if that is even possible? It seems strange that they've not checked the flight path of the plane or if they have that it's not where it should be.

Very peculiar situation.
    I don't believe there is a chance of it landing else where and it has most likely crashed into the sea as the last reported position was over the South China Sea.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I don't believe there is a chance of it landing else where and it has most likely crashed into the sea as the last reported position was over the South China Sea.
    It's very peculiar it's not been found but I don't know much of the area to comment other than the size of it. Isn't it rare for this type of plane to have faults, particularly for this airline? I read that there hasn't been a problem for over a decade which just adds to how serious this is - particularly since Boeing have been having many problems lately (I heard US Dreamliners may have to be checked again for hairline cracks to the wings).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Well, it must have crashed - no chance it's still flying, and if it landed somewhere, surely someone would have been able to contact someone by now. The question really is how many people have survived - it could have ditched safely right? Although you wouldn't expect that from a complete loss of contact? I think I'll shut up and let other people on here discuss, we do have a lot of plane-orientated people on here

Also, I was just thinking - the Malaysian GP is in Kuala Lumpur and the Chinese GP is in Beijing - you think the F1 personnel would have took this flight since the two grand prix are only a week away from each other? Scary if this happened a few weeks later...
    Ignore me, the Chinese GP is in Shanghai.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

Can't post the report as on phone but sky news have said it's been found in the sea but now looking for survivors. So sad.

http://news.sky.com/story/1222674/ma...hes-in-vietnam
    Last edited by Jordan; 08-03-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Asked whether Malaysia was looking at possible terrorism, Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said the government was “looking at all possibilities.”“The plane lost contact near Ca Mau province airspace as it was preparing to transfer to Ho Chi Minh City air traffic control,” the Vietnamese government said in a statement.
    Ca Mau province is in southernmost Vietnam, next to the Cambodian border.
    The airline said the plane’s last known position was a point about 150 kilometres north of Malaysia’s eastern coast.
    The disappearance triggered a South China Sea search effort involving vessels from several nations with rival maritime claims to the region.
    China, which has 153 of its nationals on the missing plane, said it had ordered maritime patrol vessels to begin scouring the area.
    Vietnam’s defence ministry launched a rescue mission, the government said, and a Malaysian maritime official said the country had sent several planes and vessels.
    The Philippines said it was sending three navy patrol boats and a surveillance plane. Singapore dispatched an air force C130 transporter on a “search and locate mission”.
    It was not clear if the nations were cooperating.
    Overlapping claims to the South China Sea, a resource-rich region and vital shipping lane, have been a growing source of tensions between China and its neighbours.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/cat...t-asia-search/

- - - Updated - - -

The moment it disappears from the Radar. found this on reddit

http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03...MAS370/2d81a27

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    It's very peculiar it's not been found but I don't know much of the area to comment other than the size of it. Isn't it rare for this type of plane to have faults, particularly for this airline? I read that there hasn't been a problem for over a decade which just adds to how serious this is - particularly since Boeing have been having many problems lately (I heard US Dreamliners may have to be checked again for hairline cracks to the wings).
    The Boeing 777 is one of the safest commercial airliners in the world. It's very rare for this type of plane or any modern airliner to just "crash". From what I have been reading I don't think the weather would have been a factor as it seemed clear skies for most of the area. So the answer to your question yes it is quite rare.

In regards of the Boeing 787 Dreamliners and the cracks in the wings - They are on undelivered aircraft and doesn't affect any of the current fleet that are in service.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 08-03-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Moniquee.

Latest Awards:

I just want to know what is happening - prayers are with everyone involved. Hope they are safe
    'Every person from your past lives as a shadow in your mind. Good or bad, they all helped you write the story of your life, and shape the person you are today.'
    -Dan Zantamata.

Interested in joining the Asian - Pacific DJ team? Click here for more info!

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast