HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Been proven time and time again that it's just done for post count; there's no discussion in the threads (in fact, discussion isn't allowed since supposedly it moves the thread off-topic) and the only arguments against getting rid of them or the post count in them are "THEY'VE BEEN AROUND FOR AGES" like slavery or "WHO CARES ABOUT POST COUNT" which surely means they should have no problem with the proposed changes
    We saw it with forum games as well which are now infinitely less active since removing the post count

If you join HxL it's the thing to do

Oh no I look like Morph
    As opposed to the solid argument for removing them which is "IT GIVES THEM A BIGGER POST COUNT NUMBER!!!1!"
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yes. If it matters to one group and not another then it makes sense to appease those who it does seemingly affect there's also the matter of forum awards and bonuses that you get from posting and these people are cheating the system; on HxF it's not just a single number in the corner that's affected
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Yes. If it matters to one group and not another then it makes sense to appease those who it does seemingly affect there's also the matter of forum awards and bonuses that you get from posting and these people are cheating the system; on HxF it's not just a single number in the corner that's affected
    Appeasement has a great history of success
    Just because people aren't vocal doesn't mean they don't have an opinion on it. I personally wouldn't remove threads (regardless of the content) that promote activity to appease a few people with such a trivial reason.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Then if post count doesn't matter let's disable/enable it everywhere. If we have forums where it does or does not apply, then clearly it 'matters'. Why else would post count be disabled in spam?

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth noting that More posts = More tokens = More VIP. More posts = Higher score on weekly posting stats = More likely to get VIP.

More VIP = Less VIP bought = Less revenue.

I doubt it impacts it much, but that is a consequence.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Then if post count doesn't matter let's disable/enable it everywhere. If we have forums where it does or does not apply, then clearly it 'matters'. Why else would post count be disabled in spam?
    The rules are also different in spam, as far as i'm aware there are strict rules in place in the 'post your ...' threads whereas in spam you can post multiple times, bump old threads etc etc.

Tokens
    Habbo
    urmum

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    If I owned Habbox I'd just hide post count from people's profiles.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

just leave them be they're causing no hassle whatsoever and make the forum look more active

who knows, the people that post in these threads might enjoy telling people what they're doing

tbh as long as you keep the music one i'm not that bothered but i can't see why they'd need removing

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Activity isn't a boon in itself, it's only useful to anyone as a means to discussion which is actively discouraged in Post Your threads. Again, if these people don't care about post count and truly want to record what song they've just had on they'll continue doing it regardless of post count, and again there is more to it than just post count on HxF
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by mrwoooooooo View Post
    If I owned Habbox I'd just hide post count from people's profiles.
    That would be a suitable solution.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

let's take things away from people cause we personally don't like it!!11
    but yh take away post count from it if it's such a big deal n harming everyone

pigged 25/08/2019

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast