HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

I too can selectively quote Ryan.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    No dear, he previously said

Leave the lying to Ryan, he's much more practised at it
    Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Ah, so you wrote the rule and know the two are separate? If they are together, then moderator discretion is limited. However, you're arguing it's a separate clause which means that moderators have even more discretion. Going from how the moderators act and the wording - they have discretion over what is pointless and abuse, and seeing as the rule is about pointless posting I shall assume they determine what is pointless in the grand scheme of things. Either way your argument doesn't work.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Ok now provide a quote that has something to do with what I said :S that's a quote where he can't read a rule's wording properly, nothing to do with his own beliefs about clauses being separate rules which he did quite clearly refute, and that's what I was on about.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Ok now provide a quote that has something to do with what I said :S that's a quote where he can't read a rule's wording properly, nothing to do with his own beliefs about clauses being separate rules which he did quite clearly refute, and that's what I was on about.
    Either way this argument is irrelevant because the clause is quite clearly attached to the discussive posts rule. Going by logic if the moderators have allowed threads to remain for years they clearly don't break the rules due to moderator discretion.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

the threads should be made spam

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

lmao i love how feedback threads are literally

- forum members debate
    - one or two staff members with power to change what you are asking for give their view
    - said staff members stop replying
    - forum members continue debate/arguing for a few days
    - thread dies and nothing happens in regards to what was wanted changed
    - cycle repeats in a few months with new issue

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    - said staff members stop replying
    Just want to clear up that I'm not ignoring this thread and I have been reading all of the discussion. I'm just sitting back and viewing peoples thoughts on it and I won't let it die without a decision being made

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

According to Ryan that means you're 7000% against it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Just want to clear up that I'm not ignoring this thread and I have been reading all of the discussion. I'm just sitting back and viewing peoples thoughts on it and I won't let it die without a decision being made
    a penny for your thoughts

decision ultimately lies with you so it would be nice for you to have a stance on things rather than let members deliberate for another 40 pages

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think u should clarify the rules on pointless posting and the whole discresion yada yada phillip

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    a penny for your thoughts

decision ultimately lies with you so it would be nice for you to have a stance on things rather than let members deliberate for another 40 pages
    Well I've also been limited for the past two days so y'know lalala.

Okay, at the beginning I wanted something to be done about these forums as I dislike them as much as some of you do. I was jumping between these two decisions:

1. Limit the amount of posts that could be made per user per thread in one day.
    2. Close the thread that is there and open a new one in a forum that doesn't contribute to post count.

Now I'm not sure sure. It was either @The Dom; or @GommeInc; that pointed out that there aren't actually that many posts in these threads made daily. Yeah the argument that some people could have like 1000 between the three/four threads but those threads are open for like nine years so really, it's not a terrible amount.

I think what we really need to do is perhaps review the rule A7 and reword it so these kind of threads don't break a part of one of the rules. We should also start for people that are abusing these threads and if it gets to be too much, we can PM the user and perhaps give a limit to that user for a certain amount of time.

At the moment, it's making most sense not to move those threads.