HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Question Air Traffic Control

Hey everyone,
    I'm doing a presentation as part of a Speaking & Listening exam in school and I've chosen to do mine on Air Traffic Control.
    I'm interested to hear what people would like to know about Air Traffic Management and the Air Traffic Controllers.

For those who don't know, ATCOs are the people who sit in these towers (or in large rooms) and give instructions to pilots flying all types of planes.

I won't say any more because I want to see what people want to know and therefore don't know!
    Serious replies would be appreciated! Even if your question has been mentioned, please reply with it because the more times it gets mentioned, the more I should focus on it!

Thanks!

Not a huge amount of rep power but I'll +rep everyone anyway
    Oh and when I've got a fair number of answers / have completed the presentation I'll answer everyone's questions as best as I can or research it to find the answer!
    Last edited by Calum0812; 18-04-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :odey:

Latest Awards:

- How much training they have to go through before they're allowed to be an ATC
    - How they deal with unsuspecting weather or other emergencies etc
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    let it be always marked here that odey is a babe

There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me
    without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I've realized that it's time for me to
    show my audience that you don't have to be perfect to achieve your dreams.
    Because nobody relates to being perfect.

Katy Perry

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What happens on days when there have been massive delays and all the planes are waiting to take off. How do they restructure the flight plan to accommodate all the planes. Do they try to get some out on time and delay others further.. always wanted to know :[

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

nothing

well payed

moderator alert Edited by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) - Please don't post pointlessly!
    Last edited by e5; 20-04-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

How long are shifts usually and does it work the same as if you're tired (or you can't focus your full attention on the job), do they have to take a break?
    Are there a lot of staff working at the same time to ensure all flights are landed safely, i.e. does each staff member focus on one plane until that flights compete or a number of them?
    How do you actually qualify to be an ATCO? What qualifications do you need and training?
    From what age and to what age can you be a ATCO?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Derrener

Latest Awards:

What training

yh this

DERREN BROWN: MIRACLE
    A New Stage Show for 2015/16
    Derren Brown’s message is quite a simple one - we all have a story, we all have a path that has led us to where we are now and the secret to a happy life is in our own individual thoughts and actions.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquidLuck.

Latest Awards:

How many years of training? Which uni diploma is required for it? What's the salary?
    And finally the question that Samantha asked: ''Are there a lot of staff working at the same time to ensure all flights are landed safely, i.e. does each staff member focus on one plane until that flights compete or a number of them?''

Also, finally, but the most important question of them all. Can you explain to me how this can happen? :

Last edited by LiquidLuck.; 20-04-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

what are they paid
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What happens when an accident happens or what happens if there is a national emergency? A bit dark, but it seems like it could be interesting. If a plane crashes what do they do, what procedures they follow etc.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

What changes have there been in recent years in how air traffic control management works? Like how have the systems used improved and how has this impacted on safety and reliability etc, or are there still old systems in place?

Is it easy for pilots to mis-understand instructions given by the controllers, and has there ever been any cases where an error in communication has led to an accident?

Do the controllers sometimes have a bit of banter with the pilots or is it kept strictly to instructions etc?

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast