HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

A small update for you all!

Here is a little sneak peak at the layout itself!

It's really not much at all as I don't want to give too much away (I like surprises) but I decided to show the basic colour scheme in case anyone wanted to C&C that
    Last edited by lRhyss; 22-05-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I'm usually really critical of any new sites. I hate these stupid threads with the same ideas. 99% of them fail.

However! I like the concept, I can see it working if it's done correctly. Try not to rush it, take your time and make something special (you will reap the rewards after release).. and if it works who says you couldn't apply this concept for other games? The main reason people are reluctant to give out their Facebook page for example is because there is too much information on there. I think it would be best to keep it vague at first (you could always build on this later).

If you can dynamically grab a user's avatar and then build a good system that could handle the verification of a user I can really see this catching on.

Really impressed actually. @lRhyss;

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    I'm usually really critical of any new sites. I hate these stupid threads with the same ideas. 99% of them fail.

However! I like the concept, I can see it working if it's done correctly. Try not to rush it, take your time and make something special (you will reap the rewards after release).. and if it works who says you couldn't apply this concept for other games? The main reason people are reluctant to give out their Facebook page for example is because there is too much information on there. I think it would be best to keep it vague at first (you could always build on this later).

If you can dynamically grab a user's avatar and then build a good system that could handle the verification of a user I can really see this catching on.

Really impressed actually. @lRhyss;
    Thanks man! That's really nice to hear! Thanks so much

As with the Facebook thing I did have a concept for this however this is how I planned the verification for it:

Sing up to BobbaFaces > Enter Habbo name and Facebook URL > System would check that the Facebook user liked Habbo on Facebook

That's the only thing I could think of to make sure people don't find other peoples facebooks and just sign up under their name.

The only problem is, a vast majority of Habbo users (like me) Wouldn't dare to like Habbo on Facebook D:

Tokens
    Habbo
    wordofwisdom

i'll have a look at this site once you launch it sounds like it shows great potential

Dover Atheltic (CONFERANCE PREMIERSHIP)

Seaosn Over Dover Promoted to The Conferance Premiership

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lRhyss View Post
    Thanks man! That's really nice to hear! Thanks so much

As with the Facebook thing I did have a concept for this however this is how I planned the verification for it:

Sing up to BobbaFaces > Enter Habbo name and Facebook URL > System would check that the Facebook user liked Habbo on Facebook

That's the only thing I could think of to make sure people don't find other peoples facebooks and just sign up under their name.

The only problem is, a vast majority of Habbo users (like me) Wouldn't dare to like Habbo on Facebook D:
    I haven't liked Habbo on FB.

Do how Habbox.com has it, You have to enter a silly string of letters onto your Habbo motto?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

can you not just do it manually to start off with where people send in a pic with their habbo name written on a piece of paper?

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    can you not just do it manually to start off with where people send in a pic with their habbo name written on a piece of paper?
    Thats for the link between the image and the habbo
    He's talking about the link between the user and the habbo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

ooooh, make a habbo 'bobbafaces' and get people to fr it?

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    ooooh, make a habbo 'bobbafaces' and get people to fr it?
    Yeah I was thinking this, it may have to be how it works

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    Thats for the link between the image and the habbo
    He's talking about the link between the user and the habbo
    Yeah, I was thinking about doing it automatically like Habbo did it, although I might do it the was Wixard suggested to start off with

Thanks for the support guys

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Yeah I like both the status set to a temporary verification code given out by you.

Let me talk you through how I see it working,

1. You register on BobbaFaces
    2. Your Habbo avatar and status is automatically pulled through, along with profile info you entered on registration
    3. You verify your Habbo account by entering a temporary verification code issued by BobbaFaces into your status
    4. User goes onto Habbo and edits their status to the code
    5. Button clicked on website to verify the status - if the status matches the verification code the account is verified

So that's the account verified

Then - and only then should you be allowed to upload a picture? (who agrees) to avoid false profiles.

Not sure how you would do this bit...... Manually if they send pictures with (I am 'X' on Hab) but that's an awful way of doing things

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast