HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Default BobbaFaces - The Return

A few years ago now, a website used to exist where Habbo users could submit photos of themselves against their Habbo name. The website was really popular in the community, helping bring friends closer and even helping create new friendships within the Hotel. Today I am here to announce the return of this website, BobbaFaces. The website is under new management (myself) and I plan on bringing the website back to life with all of the old features you were familiar with, and even some newer ones that in my eyes, are fun and unique.

Cool, When are you planning to open BobbaFaces?
    The website is set to launch sometime during the summer - A date will become available to the public when we have a better understanding on the progress of the website and it's functionality

Sounds like a glorified PAPOY thread!
    Yeah, it does in a way. But... Think of it like this, each fansite has its own PAPOY thread on the forum and some users visit Habbox and only Habbox... Meaning that they don't post in other websites such as HFFM's or ThisHabbo's. This way there will be one, universal places users can share their photos as they please and make new friends doing it.

You're going to kill the BobbaFace name!
    I assure you that I will do everything In my power to ensure that I don't do this. I will bring back the website with THE SAME functionality you will remember but with a revamped look and better security. Over time I will push out new functionality that you won't have seen on the older website, but only to make sure that the website stays fresh to the newer members of the Habbo community.

Pretty sure this is against the Habbo way now, isn't it?
    If I was just to use the same process the old website used, simply uploading a photo on the website user a Habbo name... Yes, it would be. However with a new moderation system I have thought out, the process of getting a photo on the website will now stand as the following:

Sign up > Verify Habbo (Similar to how Habbox Main site used to work) > Verify the user submitting the photo is indeed the actual person > Photo appearing on the website.

Thanks for reading. Apologies if you spot any grammar/spelling mistakes in the post and if you would like get involved with this project, feel free to contact me vis Skype or Private Message on the Forum.

- Rhyss
    Last edited by lRhyss; 22-05-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

old website required verification too as far as I remember

not a fan of the obsession to know what everybody looks like and feel that freely available pictures will definitely influence people's attitudes towards one another. a good experiment nonetheless, good luck.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    old website required verification too as far as I remember

not a fan of the obsession to know what everybody looks like and feel that freely available pictures will definitely influence people's attitudes towards one another. a good experiment nonetheless, good luck.
    It did yes, however to my knowledge it really wasn't very strict; which is what is needed nowadays.

As for the obsession, I'm not too sure either, but it seems to be a growing thing on all forums, which is one of the reasons I decided to revive the website

Thanks though! +Rep

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So, wait. You'll have an initial list of fansites like:

Habbox
    ThisHabbo
    ClubHabbo

etc.

Then you click on that, and you get a PAPOY thread?

Seems like a silly way of doing it. What if you don't use a fansite? What if you want to find someone and don't know what fansite they identify themselves as? Seems like a simple search function thing would work better.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

gl with it but don't really think there is much need for it now as everyone uses snog anyway

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    So, wait. You'll have an initial list of fansites like:

Habbox
    ThisHabbo
    ClubHabbo

etc.

Then you click on that, and you get a PAPOY thread?

Seems like a silly way of doing it. What if you don't use a fansite? What if you want to find someone and don't know what fansite they identify themselves as? Seems like a simple search function thing would work better.
    Sorry, I should have probably explained this better;

The site will host any photos uploaded to it and will not link to any external fansites, what I meant by the fansite PAPOY thread point was that some users use Habbox and some don't, meaning that if people post pictures of themselves, they only post them on the forum they use, not others. This website used to be a universal picture bank of anyone that wanted to upload pictures.

for example, I use Habbox's PAPOY thread, but not ThisHabbos. I have friends that use ThisHabbo's PAPOY thread, but not Habbox's.

BobbaFaces will simply be a website where you can sign up under your Habbo name and Create an album of photos for your face for other people to view on BobbaFaces

I may add a little function upon sign up where users can select fansites that they tend to use and join in with though, so thanks for that idea!

As for the people not using fansites, I intend to hire a few staff that will help me host events and games on the Hotel to raise awareness of the website

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    gl with it but don't really think there is much need for it now as everyone uses snog anyway
    It's just something I was internet in doing and I'm using it to bring something old back and also help imporve my web development skills

Thanks
    Last edited by lRhyss; 22-05-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sounds interesting, good luck with it. I wouldn't personally use it though!
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

Sounds alright, I'll take a look once you've fully launched the website!!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    i don't have a snog and i'd NEVER make one, but i'd use this

sounds like it has potential, good luck with it

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Sounds interesting, good luck with it. I wouldn't personally use it though!
    Thanks Lewis!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Sounds alright, I'll take a look once you've fully launched the website!!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    i don't have a snog and i'd NEVER make one, but i'd use this

sounds like it has potential, good luck with it
    The problem with snog is it leaves so much room for Cyber Bulling, so with BobbaFaces not including the rating system this time around, we're helping solve this issue

Thanks!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast