HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

i don't see it happening either but are these polls only asking people who haven't voted yet? there are loads who have already done postal vote. im interested to see how certain areas vote, all i know is Dundee is supposedly majority yes. up in aberdeen/shire there is seriously little campaigning from either side but my town seem to be overwhelmingly yes, we are a small town tho. that goes for all ages.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think the 'no' voters are way more likely to keep quiet about their vote due to all the divides this I causing, so there could be an increase for 'No' on the day - one can only hope.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

nevermind, Aberdeen is in full force today according to their timetable 9:30-6pm

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I imagine the situation will be a repeat of the devolution referendums.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    If the undecided voters so far do end up voting, I think the majority of them will want independence, raising the likelihood of getting it. Almost every undecided voter I've met has said that if they were going to vote, it'd more likely be yes--this is online and offline. Meh, I'm not sure but it seems that way anyway.

Same goes for my family, they're all saying they're undecided but they're most certainly voting yes.
    they aren't true undecided voters then lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I imagine the situation will be a repeat of the devolution referendums.
    in what way?

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is pissing me off now. Labour and the Conservatives are now promising more devolution (and probably more case for Scotland) in the event that they vote No. Not only is it desperate at the last minute, but it's terribly unfair - why would Scottish MPs continue to be allowed to vote on English-only matters when we don't get a say in the affairs of the Scottish parliament? Anyone with an ounce of common sense could have seen this when the traitors in the Labour Party introduced devolution in the 1990s in order to keep control of their private fiefdoms, and now look at yet another constitutional **** up these idiots have led us into. And where is the Conservative and UNIONIST Party in this? Nowhere! USELESS.

If I had my own way I would have held referendums in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland giving the simple choice: return to a unitary state with one Westminster parliament, or have independence. That would have settled the matter clearly, either way.
    And your proposal would have triggered independence. Unless you mean increasing representation at Westminster. What could potentially happen is a British Federation of states, with each having their own greater autonomy.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    they aren't true undecided voters then lol
    I know but they say they are in the polls/whatever
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    i don't see it happening either but are these polls only asking people who haven't voted yet? there are loads who have already done postal vote. im interested to see how certain areas vote, all i know is Dundee is supposedly majority yes. up in aberdeen/shire there is seriously little campaigning from either side but my town seem to be overwhelmingly yes, we are a small town tho. that goes for all ages.
    Apparently Glasgow leans towards YES and the more small-c conservative Edinburgh leans towards NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    And your proposal would have triggered independence. Unless you mean increasing representation at Westminster. What could potentially happen is a British Federation of states, with each having their own greater autonomy.
    It would and almost certainly would today given how far the devolution ball has been allowed to roll... but prior to the 1990s, the prospect of independence for Scotland - and even a mickey mouse assembly - was a distant prospect held by only a tiny minority. Even in 1997, the concept that the SNP would win the Scottish assembly elections, purposely designed with the electoral system to prevent such an outcome, was absurd. Yet it happened, all because there was nobody in either Scotland or Britain as a whole to stand up for the Union. Surrendered in Scotland, surrendered in Wales and handed over to terrorists in Northern Ireland. If a value or idea has nobody to defend it, then it will fall.

But given a federal model, or even worse - the balkanisation of England: that's the day I become an English nationalist seeking independence.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 10-09-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not long now. Vote yes for independence!

The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast