HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    tpittman-11

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Shadow View Post
    Oh wow! Can you see if he has it in any of his rooms?

Interesting, I had never thought about it being given out as part of purchase of credits. Was it anything to do with a Credit Action campaign? Because thats how some Rares such as the Gold Plasma gate was released, or was it just buying a certain amount of credits? I would have thought there would have been more of them around in this case.

The Youtube video in my earlier post was from 2009 and it was still white then, yet there are some account of it only being white for a short while.. Weird that they would release another green parasol though, surely it would have made more sense to keep it as white? They fixed the glitch about it being stuck 2 years ago and its fine now thankfully - and its tradable.

Best of luck trying to find this one! :-)
    It was a long time ago, so I may be mistaken about how long it was white! However, I'm almost 100% certain I got the parasol for buying credits from Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart hahahah! He does have it in a room, but it's locked. You have to go through a tele in one of his other rooms to get to it. See the picture below!

DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tpittman-11 View Post
    It was a long time ago, so I may be mistaken about how long it was white! However, I'm almost 100% certain I got the parasol for buying credits from Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart hahahah! He does have it in a room, but it's locked. You have to go through a tele in one of his other rooms to get to it. See the picture below!

Saw the room and added it to the owners list on the wiki. Thanks :-)

Was it originally like how it was in this Youtube video? With no icon and it having the same name and description as the normal one? I wonder why they would intend to give out a slightly different Green Parasol. A white one would have been a much more appealing gift!

Also when they came out do you remember these Parasols being quite common at the time? Because I believe there were slightly similar credit campaigns going on at roughly the same time across most hotels, and the Rares obtained from them are considerably more common now compared to the Zon.

Though maybe the amount given out was limited in a similar way the Aqua Slurpee was during the 7-Eleven campaign. How that worked was users had to redeem a Habbo prepaid card bought from a 7-Eleven and hope they were one of 7 daily winners of the machine. This seems feasible but there are probably over 10 times more Aqua Slurpees than there are Zons, so they could have made it more unlikely to win a Parasol from redeeming a prepaid card - which would explain why so few are around now. Does this sound vaguely familiar to you?

I guess it would be fitting for them to release a Parasol during the summer

Tokens
    Habbo
    tpittman-11

Saw the room and added it to the owners list on the wiki. Thanks :-)

Was it originally like how it was in this Youtube video? With no icon and it having the same name and description as the normal one? I wonder why they would intend to give out a slightly different Green Parasol. A white one would have been a much more appealing gift!

Also when they came out do you remember these Parasols being quite common at the time? Because I believe there were slightly similar credit campaigns going on at roughly the same time across most hotels, and the Rares obtained from them are considerably more common now compared to the Zon.

Though maybe the amount given out was limited in a similar way the Aqua Slurpee was during the 7-Eleven campaign. How that worked was users had to redeem a Habbo prepaid card bought from a 7-Eleven and hope they were one of 7 daily winners of the machine. This seems feasible but there are probably over 10 times more Aqua Slurpees than there are Zons, so they could have made it more unlikely to win a Parasol from redeeming a prepaid card - which would explain why so few are around now. Does this sound vaguely familiar to you?

I guess it would be fitting for them to release a Parasol during the summer
    Yes! It looked exactly like how it looked in the youtube video, with the "No Icon" ... I can't quite remember if the description was different or not. I remember the "glitched" paras were only given out for a few hours - that's why they're so rare! After that short period of time, they put the gifting on hold and fixed the glitch before resuming the gifting process.
    No, I definitely remember the green parasol was a guaranteed gift for purchasing the prepaid card; you didn't have to be a lucky winner.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

@DJ_Shadow;

ActiveZ. has two info buses in his room (not sure who owns them)

http://www.habbo.com/room/67873578

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    @DJ_Shadow;

ActiveZ. has two info buses in his room (not sure who owns them)

http://www.habbo.com/room/67873578
    Thanks Zak! :-)

I asked in room and apparently it is ActiveZ. that owns both of them. They have now been recorded on the owners list.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Thanks Zak! :-)

I asked in room and apparently it is ActiveZ. that owns both of them. They have now been recorded on the owners list.

I saw another one in some guys rare shop earlier (sorry the name escapes me)

Curious to know though how you know if a user still has the item or not? It's easy with my pink dragon search as they all have numbers.. but if say I sell mine to some guy and you record that one as well.. and you don't know about mine.. that's 2 recorded but only 1 infobus

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Curious to know though how you know if a user still has the item or not? It's easy with my pink dragon search as they all have numbers.. but if say I sell mine to some guy and you record that one as well.. and you don't know about mine.. that's 2 recorded but only 1 infobus
    I think that's the same shop I saw one in, again I forgot the name. I went in the other day and asked about his Streets Of Bobba Guitar unfortunately it wasn't for sale, but there was an Infobus there.

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Curious to know though how you know if a user still has the item or not? It's easy with my pink dragon search as they all have numbers.. but if say I sell mine to some guy and you record that one as well.. and you don't know about mine.. that's 2 recorded but only 1 infobus :(
    I actually just saw that one too, owned by ::PLYER:: in his rare shop.

Good question - the answer is that I am friends with all the Infobus owners, and also with all of the active owners of the other items I record. So it is remarkably easy to keep tabs on where they all are, given the small number of them. I try and make sure there are no duplicates by checking with any new owners I find where they got theirs from. A lot of the current owners know about the list, so they usually message me if they have passed theirs on, and to who. I also check the rooms every so often to see if they are still there.

What makes it slightly more challenging with the pink dragon is that there are 80 of them - if there were that many Infobuses I would struggle!
    Last edited by DJ_Shadow; 24-09-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I actually just saw that one too, owned by :LYER:: in his rare shop.

Good question - the answer is that I am friends with all the Infobus owners, and also with all of the active owners of the other items I record. So it is remarkably easy to keep tabs on where they all are, given the small number of them. I try and make sure there are no duplicates by checking with any new owners I find where they got theirs from. A lot of the current owners know about the list, so they usually message me if they have passed theirs on, and to who. I also check the rooms every so often to see if they are still there.

What makes it slightly more challenging with the pink dragon is that there are 80 of them - if there were that many Infobuses I would struggle!
    Yep :lyer:: was the guy! and you aren't friends with me

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

::PLYER::'s infobus has just been sold to clash1 (see screenshot below)

@-:Undertaker:- Should be featured in your Rare Values weekly

Yep ::Plyer:: was the guy! and you aren't friends with me :(
    Yes I am :-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast