HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tokens
    Habbo
    tpittman-11

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Shadow View Post
    I came across an archive of old habbo.ca articles from 2008 and these particular ones caught my eye. Unfortunately the actual content of them were not accessible. Though these articles were posted at roughly the same time the Zon was added into the furnidata, making it more likely that it had something to do with this campaign.

However I did manage to find some exact details about this on a Spanish fansite. Apparently you were given a Green Parasol if you bought a $10 Habbo Scratch Card (worth 50 credits) from EB Games between 19th - 25th May. So you were right, that they originated from a forgotten credit promotion over 6 years ago - they just must have given out the wrong parasol for a very short time by accident.

Mystery solved! :-)

@Intersocial
    I knew my memory wasn't completely shot as of yet! Glad I could be of assistance man.

Tokens

Bought 1 infobus, it's put in my Super Rare room.
    Last edited by KAIZHI; 03-10-2014 at 08:34 AM.

DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

After some more hunting I found the content of the two articles I mentioned in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Habbo.ca
    Get a Parasol from EB Games!

Posted 19-May-2008 Special Offers

EB Games continues to give give give! This week you can land the exclusive ORANGE PARASOL!

Get ready for the beach, baby, cause starting today, Monday May 19, at 12.01am ET, you get the EXCLUSIVE Orange Parasol with every EB Games Prepaid Card you redeem!

You've probably seen them around in other colours, those fancy parasols. Here is your chance to land the orange one - completely hassle free! And it will never be sold in the catalogue!

Find the EB Games store nearest you, ask for a Habbo scratch card, pay $10, and in return, you will get 50 Habbo Credits AND an Orange Parasol! Once you have the card in hand, you can easily redeem your voucher code(s) right here >>

Please note that your Orange Parasol will show up in your hand the morning after you redeem it! If you redeem your card on a Friday or a Saturday, you will have to wait for Monday morning!

This promotion will last for a week, ending Sunday May 25, at 11.59pm ET.

- Puffin, wishing you a HAPPY VICTORIA DAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Habbo.ca
    EB Games Parasol Alert!

Posted 21-May-2008 Special Offers

As many of you already noticed, there was something off with the Green Parasol! Sooo.. what say ye about getting an ORANGE one?

We were thinking, that instead of waiting around for the techies to fix the issues with the green parasol, we would simply hand out the orange one instead!

So if you want an Orange Parasol, you know what to do!

... check out this article right here >> (Links to above article)

- Puffin, switcha-roo!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

After some more hunting I found the content of the two articles I mentioned in my previous post.
    So it is an arcane because it's not supposed to be there haha that's so cool.

DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Came across this old fansite news page from 2003 with images of a white parasol. There are also some other interesting articles about other rares being released at the time. I believe this is from Habbo UK.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/tkilpa...pace/id13.html

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Came across this old fansite news page from 2003 with images of a white parasol. There are also some other interesting articles about other rares being released at the time. I believe this is from Habbo UK.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/tkilpa...pace/id13.html
    Amazing that it has survived there for all those years. Good find.

Finding old websites would be a real insight and really help improve the content on the wiki. I might have a search later.

I wish I could remember all the things from Habbo I did 10 years ago!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345