HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    DJ_Shadow is offline Ultra Rare Trade Forum Owner
    Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Default Arcane Rares and Infobuses

Hello,

I've been trying to locate the whereabouts of these items in the hotel and working on compiling a list for the Habbox Wiki (found here). Does anyone know where they can find any of the following items of furniture or know anyone who owns them?

Tokens
    Habbo
    A4R0N

Latest Awards:

there's 2 infobus posters in believemesafetys arcade

http://www.habbo.com/room/65710602

- - - Updated - - -

chidiva also has one i'm not sure what room it's in though

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Oh thanks, added them to the list!

I have added Chidiva, haven't seen one in her rooms though.
    Last edited by DJ_Shadow; 09-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    MilksAreUs

Latest Awards:

Sold my Amber Rug for 18c to @Mr-Trainor; when I needed credits really bad :/ regret it so much now as they're worth 2t.
    Jump! For my love

Tokens

is that a rug really worth 2 t?

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by andoo89 View Post
    is that a rug really worth 2 t?
    They can sell up to 400c

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hey sorry this doesnt answer your thread directly but in regards to the poster_0_name it ALSO exists because some old posters (much like the "comedy poster") were effectively deleted from the hotel and users were left with that as a result, this was a very long time ago though.
    /

Rare Values Advisor
    Tokens
    Habbo
    DJ_Shadow

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Hey sorry this doesnt answer your thread directly but in regards to the poster_0_name it ALSO exists because some old posters (much like the "comedy poster") were effectively deleted from the hotel and users were left with that as a result, this was a very long time ago though.
    I was under this impression originally too, that the poster_0_name was the remnants of some deleted poster from way back. However I don't think this is the case. I will take this time to discuss how I think they came about. Hope you are sitting comfortably.

Pre-marketplace all posters were added under a single ID in the furnidata, <furnitype id="4001" classname="poster">. Then I believe the individual posters are then defined by a row of text in the product data, for example ["poster_1000","Comedy Poster","The Noble and Silver Show"]. Yes the Comedy Poster is still in the data, it wasn't deleted - but replaced. In earlier versions of the Hotel the Comedy Poster was originally ID 1 in the productdata, so we assume that it was indeed the first poster. However in V7 the IDs changed for and the Ancestor Poster replaced the Comedy Poster as ID 1 in the productdata. This meant that any existing Comedy Posters would change into Ancestor posters, in effect 'deleting them'. (read more)

Going a little off topic here, but this original way of adding posters proved problematic when the marketplace was released. Since all of the posters were added under a single furni ID, the market treated them all the same when it came to their averages, trade volumes etc. This is why posters such as the Infobus have impossibly high trade graphs, because it uses the combined data from all the old posters under ID 4001. New posters have since been added straight into the furnidata to avoid this problem.

Now going on to the the poster_0_name. When you select old posters on the Habbo iPad app, they appear in the poster_x_name format for some technical reason. For example the Himalaya Poster (poster ID 15) would appear as poster_15_name etc. So you could assume that because the poster_0_name is called so, it was once a poster with ID 0. Though not exactly true.

I noticed that the loading box is different for the new posters and old posters. Old posters stored in the productdata load like a 3D black box, much like how floor furniture does. Whereas the new posters in the furnidata have a flat 2D loading box, like the poster_0_name. We had already established that the poster_0_name has the furni ID 4001, then found out that it lacks that second ID the other old posters have to define them. Without this its just displays the flat loading box and takes its generic name.

Though how did such an item come about?

After talking to NotMiceElf about this he said that it 'shouldn't exist' and I would guess is most likely a result from scripting, similar to how the Army Plasto came about. I don't believe there are any plans to remove this either, as that would probably involve deleting ID 4001 and relocating all the old posters somehow..

Thanks for reading :-)
    Last edited by DJ_Shadow; 10-09-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    B

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Shadow View Post
    I was under this impression originally too, that the poster_0_name was the remnants of some deleted poster from way back. However I don't think this is the case. I will take this time to discuss how I think they came about. Hope you are sitting comfortably.

Pre-marketplace all posters were added under a single ID in the furnidata, <furnitype id="4001" classname="poster">. Then I believe the individual posters are then defined by a row of text in the product data, for example ["poster_1000","Comedy Poster","The Noble and Silver Show"]. Yes the Comedy Poster is still in the data, it wasn't deleted - but replaced. In earlier versions of the Hotel the Comedy Poster was originally ID 1 in the productdata, so we assume that it was indeed the first poster. However in V7 the IDs changed for and the Ancestor Poster replaced the Comedy Poster as ID 1 in the productdata. This meant that any existing Comedy Posters would change into Ancestor posters, in effect 'deleting them'. (read more)

Going a little off topic here, but this original way of adding posters proved problematic when the marketplace was released. Since all of the posters were added under a single furni ID, the market treated them all the same when it came to their averages, trade volumes etc. This is why posters such as the Infobus have impossibly high trade graphs, because it uses the combined data from all the old posters under ID 4001. New posters have since been added straight into the furnidata to avoid this problem.

Now going on to the the poster_0_name. When you select old posters on the Habbo iPad app, they appear in the poster_x_name format for some technical reason. For example the Himalaya Poster (poster ID 15) would appear as poster_15_name etc. So you could assume that because the poster_0_name is called so, it was once a poster with ID 0. Though not exactly true.

I noticed that the loading box is different for the new posters and old posters. Old posters stored in the productdata load like a 3D black box, much like how floor furniture does. Whereas the new posters in the furnidata have a flat 2D loading box, like the poster_0_name. We had already established that the poster_0_name has the furni ID 4001, then found out that it lacks that second ID the other old posters have to define them. Without this its just displays the flat loading box and takes its generic name.

After talking to NotMiceElf about this he said that it 'shouldn't exist' and I would guess is most likely a result from scripting, similar to how the Army Plasto came about. I don't believe there are any plans to remove this either, as that would probably involve deleting ID 4001 and relocating all the old posters somehow..

You might as well be the Sherlock Holmes of solving historical inconsistencies of Habbo furniture. Love what you're doing here with tracking + preserving old school intricacies like this.

I can see the skepticism in an item that doesn't load. As theres a level of cool factor and 'collectible' appeal to a poster like this that simply looks like a glitch, there's also a huge risk factor of Habbo correcting this error and simply removing them from the server at some future point??

Just some thoughts.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Shadow View Post

I actually read it all and I admire your passion for discovering such things like this
    /

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast