HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Found this thread a bit late, but I'll give my opinion.

Sadly, I think this is just another scheme that is doomed to fail. Whether it fails within a few months, or lasts a few years is a different matter.

It is essentially a reboot of the Habbo X system in it's 2007ish form. Back then the Team Leaders had the Mute/Kick/Warn features. There were only 4 of them, and they had the powers for a month until HQ decided it was too risky and removed the powers.

And, of course the core issue with each of these 'programs' is essentially 'power'. There is always, always abuse at some sort of level. For example with Habbo Xs there was the free HC, room override, easier access to events and badges, free tickets, and for team leaders, free furniture.

I've just scanned my emails and found the email that announced to the X Team that we were being discontinued, over 6 years ago now, and here's the relevant part of that email:

Now, it makes me question, have Sulake really solved the problems of the Habbo X program in the last 6 years? Well, the simple answer is no. Not only do we have a new scheme that has less members (making it even more exclusive), but quite arguably there's less staff involvement in the hotel now compared to 6 years ago. So if it was a struggle to maintain the X Team back then, I can't imagine it would be any different these days.

If Sulake had solved the issues, then this scheme could work, but alas, I don't think there's much hope.

Good luck to all the people involved, and for those that haven't experienced anything like it in the past, get prepared for a whole lot of flack.
    Hey Kardan,

First off, I must say... you have quite an impressive memory. I did not remember the part of the e-mail about exclusivity being an issue at all, but I just went backed and checked my e-mail and I see that I have the exact e-mail that you posted. The primary reason I remember we were given for the program being dissolved was because that it was taking up too much time for the Habbo staff, and that the "higher ups" would not allow the community staff more than 30mins/day to work on the program.

Secondly, I will say that the staff seem MUCH more involved this time around with the Ambassador program than before with the Habbo X program. Each of the Ambassadors have direct access to the staff by "Ambassadors Forum" in client, where we are free to post any concerns we have about particular Habbos who are repeatedly breaking rules, suggestions for the program (room design, changes to features within the "newbie lounges"), etc. I must say that I am very impressed with how quickly and efficiently powertoo has been at dealing with all of the threads and concerns that we post about. I have not seen an issue or post in the forum that has taken longer than 24 hours to yield a response from powertoo. Even if the issue is out of her realm (for example, a technical glitch or suggestion), she alerts the proper staff member for that department and it is dealt with extremely quickly.

From the outside, I'm not sure if the "average" Habbo player (meaning, an established player who frequents guest rooms rather than public rooms) will notice much of a difference due to the Ambassador program. For the new players, though, I think this is going to be an incredible thing for them. There is a "newbies only" lounge where they can talk with each other and with the ambassadors, and there is also a brand new "newbies only" gaming lounge, where the Ambassadors can host events in an incredible game room. The room is completely rigged up with wired so that the host can say one of 8 commands and the room will automatically transform into the setup required for that game. (Seriously... if by chance any of the builders who worked on the Games Room read this... job well done, the room is incredible.)

It's a really cool program. I'm happy to be a part of it, and although one can never be sure of the longevity of any given community program or initiative (as Kardan pointed out), I'm optimistic that this program will last quite some time, and provide a lot of benefit to new members
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Did you just agree with Kardan's facts then try to disagree by "what you remember"? Well, from what I remember the X programme had a lot more than 30 minutes a day based on the fact they were pretty active on X forum, doing optional things on top of what they had to do.

The ambassadors will fall for the same reason as every other programme has.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 21-11-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Did you just agree with Kardan's facts then try to disagree by "what you remember"? Well, from what I remember the X programme had a lot more than 30 minutes a day based on the fact they were pretty active on X forum, doing optional things on top of what they had to do.

The ambassadors will fall for the same reason as every other programme has.
    That's not what I was saying at all, lmao.

I was saying I didn't remember them using that (exclusivity) as the reason. The reason that stuck out in my head was that the staff at the time didn't have enough time to commit to the program. I remembered that because at the time I though the X program deserved a lot more than 30 minutes a day from staff, which is why I was upset with one of Inari's posts about the CA/US X program on the XHabbo Forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Inari
    As I said above the X program is a small portion of my job. Many of you with jobs know that you need to budget your time as there are rarely enough hours in the day to get everything done. 30 minutes a day is the maximum I have to spend on the X program. It is not a choice, it is my job description. And to make matters worse I have to split that between the US and CA teams.

Whenever I get free time I hop on the forum to read what is going on but that rarely happens. I have no free time. I had to fight for 30 minutes a day. It is not by choice, I would spend all day with the X program if I could but it is not possible and will not be happening.

Its not one of those things that can be changed, no amount of begging on either end will change this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inari (different post, same thread)
    The big guns are the ones who have final say regarding time management and my contract with the company. I have a million different tasks which am required to complete each day which I must devote a set amount of time to. These tasks are never ending and I must spend x amount of time on each per day, no exceptions. I am given 30 minutes per day for the X program scheduled into my day and I had to fight for those 30 minutes.

This is not a question of pushing or begging. It is a set part of my job. You can not tell your boss that you will not be doing this task today because this other task is more important. I like my job and do not wish to be let go for not doing it anytime soon.

And I know you are volunteers but I am not. I am not allowed to spend time on the forum outside work hours. This is in my contract, I can not work longer than 40 hours a week. I am not allowed overtime. They would legally have to pay me and they can/will not. Again, it is not a choice it is in my job description and contract.
    I then went on to say that I am very impressed with the current staff's involvement in the program. Powertoo has been a lot more involved than I remember Inari or Squib ever being, so that gives me a lot more hope for the Ambassador program
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Drewar View Post
    That's not what I was saying at all, lmao.

I was saying I didn't remember them using that (exclusivity) as the reason. The reason that stuck out in my head was that the staff at the time didn't have enough time to commit to the program. I remembered that because at the time I though the X program deserved a lot more than 30 minutes a day from staff, which is why I was upset with one of Inari's posts about the CA/US X program on the XHabbo Forum:

I then went on to say that I am very impressed with the current staff's involvement in the program. Powertoo has been a lot more involved than I remember Inari or Squib ever being, so that gives me a lot more hope for the Ambassador program
    Oh right ok. Tbh unless @Kardan; or someone else disagrees, I remember 0rca and colmc being rather active in the UK X programme to the extent I could have fairly informal, general conversations with either of them. I just don't remember time being an issue when it came to the UK hotel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234