HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Very interesting read. Thousands share years of memories with this product. I met friends from across the country that I eventually hung out with irl. Habbo connected like minded people regardless of location far before the idea of social media gained momentum. Over the years Habbo's core has greatly improved but not at the right pace. There have been so many stalls and attempts to jump bandwagons. So it sits in a place of uncertainty. Logging on to Habbo for a teen now a days isn't anything special, it's actually quite unimpressive. They've stripped a majority of sophistication from the product. To the point that they are merely peddling a bunch of cutesy graphics. Some of the problems include:

- Updates aren't thought out, left incomplete
    - Staff interaction is one of the most outdated 'features'
    - Lack of objectives
    - Missing target audience
    - Hodgepodge interface
    - IP integrity lost

Quote Originally Posted by Attached View Post
    I think we were a lot easier to impress and occupy though, so maybe Habbo just need to up their game in that sense.
    Indeed. But even back then users wanted more ways to connect. So they started creating forums & websites to support their communities. Habbo does little to nurture groups or any type of archived history. It's literally a sandbox where in a second beautiful creations are flattened or left to blow away in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Without its soul, habbo might not provide this type of interaction for future generations. Do you feel that there are any platforms out there right now that can come close to connection vastly different communities? How would you propose that habbo works to reinvigorate its community? More events and competitions? More staf interaction? Better help systems? Will it ever be possible?
    YouTube. The board should sit down and redefine what direction their product is going in. Someone has to take control. The entire platform needs fixing before trying to entice new users. According to the ancient http:// prophesies success is most definitely still possible.

Tokens

Fantastic read Attached. I think a lot of what you describe will resonate with older players.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tm View Post
    Nice read dude. Lots of familiar people and memories. Bring back ione/jibbi/etc!

Also @RyR
    Now THAT screenshot brings back a lot of memories for me. Wow I really used to love Habbo. I went on the other day for the first time in years and it just wasn't the same.
    you can be my daddy

Nice read dude. Lots of familiar people and memories. Bring back ione/jibbi/etc!

Also @RyR
    Haha, I nearly mentioned the introduction of the Welcome Lounge and all the fun I used to have trapping Harry!

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Also @RyR
    Ah I miss these days!

Tokens

Great read, and thank you for the shout out.

I am surprised you never worked at HPD!

Quote Originally Posted by why View Post
    Great read, and thank you for the shout out.

I am surprised you never worked at HPD!
    Haha cheers mate. Looking back I probably should have, bit of a regret of mine I suppose. Unfortunately as a child I was far too fiercely loyal to ever leave one of my help centres!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nice one dude!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Brittania-Boy

Oh my god! I remember habburgers and the kitchen! BRING BACK REAL PUBLIC ROOMS!
    Mmm chocolate!

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Also @RyR
    Wow the original post and this screenie... damn Nostalgia.

Good post OP, very interesting to read other peoples accounts of Habbo and is probably fairly similar to a lot of people.
    It's a shame it changed too much to attract new people, but oldies would just lose interest leading to a lot of good people to just stop playing. I do miss my old Habbo pals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast