HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Payasam View Post
    Gore is 'negative', nudity is 'positive'. ie. gore shows reality in the world, and shows how serious something is. Nudity makes little boys and girls excited and sext each other.

Just my two cents on it.
    First of all, you've just blindly assumed this. Secondly, what you've said for both situations are completely different. You've said what the gore images may represent, but not what it causes people to do and you've said what the nude images may cause young people to do, ignoring what the images represent.

Yes, gore may help bring harsh reality home, but that doesn't mean it will change peoples opinions just like naked men and women won't make people sext each other. Hell, it will make it less likely as they have pictures of naked men and women already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Wouldn't a more sensible option be to ban obscene stuff from the front pages of newspapers?
    Who decides whats obscene? It may seem obvious, but in certain situations what could be perfectly fine in one persons view is completely offensive to another.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    we teach primary school children how to have sex and how to take drugs 'safely'. Crazy.
    Ive never seen a school teach kids how to take drugs safely.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Who decides whats obscene? It may seem obvious, but in certain situations what could be perfectly fine in one persons view is completely offensive to another.
    Who decides what should only appear after the watershed? It is for the most part obvious.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not overly bothered. It's not like toddlers are going buy a newspaper anyway and the people who will actually care and buy the papers can just look down at the stack of papers in front of them. The only problem is if it discriminates against little people (dwarfism etc), but if they're avid readers of a particular paper they could just pick it up as normal as the design of the shelves are not changing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Who decides what should only appear after the watershed? It is for the most part obvious.
    The difference would be outright banning and the other is just moving content after a certain hour.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    The difference would be outright banning and the other is just moving content after a certain hour.
    It's not outright banning. It's just moving content after a certain page a la topless women.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

It's not outright banning. It's just moving content after a certain page a la topless women.
    Topless women which people have protested about for which some of the reasoning is similar (children's innocence etc.)?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Which means this stuff definitely shouldn't be on the front page of all pages.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

Sometimes I have to wonder whether its just me that doesn't take offence to any of this stuff.

I see something horrible on the front of a paper or magazine and I think "oh well that isn't very nice, glad thats not me" and on with my day.
    Former Competitions Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Which means this stuff definitely shouldn't be on the front page of all pages.
    Wait what, I may have misunderstood what you were saying. Were you referring to Page 3 or magazines which have topless women on the front?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast