HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Exclamation Habbo Central (New Official Fansite) Stolen Layout from Retro Fansite

The title basically explains it all, brand new official site http://habbo-central.net stole basically their entire layout from another website. But not just any website, a retro hotel fansite!

*REMOVED*

The proof is shown by looking at the websites, and also by something very interesting: If you open up developer tools for chrome (or any other browser with the function), and you look at the index code, you actually find the name of the site they took the layout from!

Also if you were on the site a couple days ago, when it was recently announced official, you could still have seen some problems with the main site (lots of graphical bugs and weird looking text). I think this was because they were still editing the actual layout after taking it.

Now this also may just be a case where they asked for the layout (which I hardly believe any fansite would just give out their layout), but still, official fansites should not be getting involved with retros and visiting them and their affiliates! Another possibility is that they took a free layout from one of those free fansite layout sites, and just happened to have YouBoon in the code. But again, very unlikely.

And that's all I guess.

moderator alert Edited by e5 (Forum Super Moderator) - Please do name name/link to retro sites, even with spoilers, thanks!
    Last edited by e5; 03-12-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    KrushGear

Latest Awards:

I saw your tweet but if this is true, extremely appalling for an OFFICIAL fansite.

On another note, they probably won't last long anyway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bloop View Post
    I saw your tweet but if this is true, extremely appalling for an OFFICIAL fansite.

On another note, they probably won't last long anyway.
    It's true, both websites have pretty much near enough the same layout. So it's either a free template they have both used from someone or someone has stolen it from each other. But the screen shot that shows:

PHP Code:
    <!-- YouBoon --> 
    Is on the Habbo-Central site for sure.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 03-12-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wtf that's pretty disgraceful if they were the ones who stole it tbh? Hope Sulake have been informed
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    KrushGear

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Wtf that's pretty disgraceful if they were the ones who stole it tbh? Hope Sulake have been informed
    Hmm, giving me ideas :--------------)

Tokens
    Habbo
    AndyATW!

Latest Awards:

Shame its been ripped
    Since habbo help tool is broken, here are the links: Help tool links

find your previous requests: https://help.habbo.com/requests
    Submit new ticket (logged in): https://help.habbo.com/requests/new
    Submit new ticket (not logged in): https://help.habbo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

It's a trash of a fansite anyway - no real use of a fansite, has nothing different and don't think it will either in the future. Hopefully Sulake will not only remove them from the official list but also make sure they're no longer a fansite.

I do get annoyed, sorry. Wish fansites had a little creativity nowadays, that's all.

Tokens

Update: Habbo-Central seems to be offline. Maybe to change their layout?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ghhghgh View Post
    You wouldn't normally park the domain name to carry out changes on your website. But who knows what their plan is.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    KrushGear

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ghhghgh View Post
    I vaguely remembered them saying on twitter they're changing their layout or sth. Oh no I missed the chance .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast