HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ripieno

Latest Awards:

Default Travel Help , please?

So, I've just bought my tickets to get the train to Scotland this coming saturday and I just read the journey breakdown that they printed off for me at the station and 10 HOURS AND 50 MINUTES, what???

I'm going to be on my own for the whole of this journey, and since it cost more to either go first class/have net I won't have any connection for the whole 11 hours. I always take books and my headphones, but what else can I do to pass time? I always find it so hard to sleep because I'm scared to miss my stop (even if it is 11 hours), and because I always think people will sit on me or something if I lie down.

What do you do to pass time on your journeys? Help me out! +rep

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

so how much connections do you have? 11 hours seems a long time unless you're coming from the very south of England or something to Scotland?

whats the times between connections? if it's less than 30 minutes you can probably get to the train early, get your bags in and find a seat. if it's longer then i'd go get something to eat.

i usually just listen to music on long journeys or try do some uni work or read dunno what else you can do. all scottish trains i've had do free internet but not when im going out the country.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ripieno

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    so how much connections do you have? 11 hours seems a long time unless you're coming from the very south of England or something to Scotland?

whats the times between connections? if it's less than 30 minutes you can probably get to the train early, get your bags in and find a seat. if it's longer then i'd go get something to eat.

i usually just listen to music on long journeys or try do some uni work or read dunno what else you can do. all scottish trains i've had do free internet but not when im going out the country.
    I'm coming from Cornwall. It's the Western rail too so it'll go up and around england to all of the western places like Peterborough and Norwich and York z

Also, it's a straight through journey. I always get there super early so that I can get a seat first
    Last edited by Kimmy; 14-12-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

get an audio book narrated by a soft voice, close your eyes, and immerse yourself in the story. if you're not planning on sleeping definitely make sure you sleep as much as possible beforehand. but wtf laying down to sleep on a train? just sleep sitting up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripieno View Post
    I'm coming from Cornwall. It's the Western rail too so it'll go up and around england to all of the western places like Peterborough and Norwich and York z

Also, it's a straight through journey. I always get there super early so that I can get a seat first
    do you mean eastern or are you just bad at geography and guessing

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

maybe download a whole tv series and watch it on your laptop/tablet or a few films
    Last edited by lemons; 14-12-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ripieno View Post

ah so it's just one journey straight the way through? i prefer that to connections cause sometimes i miss connections or if they're a long waiting time i hate having to wait.
    you can sleep if your stop is the last stop, or set an alarm or have someone ring you before your stop? you could download some stuff to watch on your laptop or something instead of relying on the internet, although probably be difficult to get a full 10 hours on laptop battery

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You can moderate.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ripieno

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    You can moderate.
    Nah m9

NO NET

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    maybe download a whole tv series and watch it on your laptop/tablet or a few films
    I've downloaded series 2 of orange is the new black but I know I won't be able to concentrate on just that. Was maybe thinking of taking some of my art stuff and doing that but idk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    get an audio book narrated by a soft voice, close your eyes, and immerse yourself in the story. if you're not planning on sleeping definitely make sure you sleep as much as possible beforehand. but wtf laying down to sleep on a train? just sleep sitting up.

- - - Updated - - -

do you mean eastern or are you just bad at geography and guessing
    Oops. Yeah, I'm horrible at geography. But it's called First Great Western and it goes up East, and then snakes around to the West? I like to lay across the two seats if the other one's not reserved shh

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shockwave.2CC

Latest Awards:

Sleep but set an Alarm on your phone for the approx time you should arrive. Maybe even set it for like 30 mins before you should arrive
    The House Always Wins

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zealoux

Latest Awards:

Download films and watch them on the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast