HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Hair thinning?

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Default Hair thinning?

For the past year or so, I have been noticing my hair getting thin... My hair has ALWAYS been SO thick. I couldn't wrap hair elastics bands more than twice around my hair. But then I noticed my hair starting to get thinner.. and thinner.. I never really noticed myself LOSING hair just getting noticeably thinner.. So I went to my hair dresser and she said it probably either had something to do with like blockage or something to my hair follicles (not sure exactly) or that It was my medicine that I take. she gave me this shampoo & conditioner called Nioxin ( WHICH BY THE WAY SMELLS DELIGHTFUL Had my hair smelling like mint for so long ) and It totally worked! So I knew it was because of what she said about the follicles or whatever.. So once my hair got thick enough I stopped using it because it was REALLY expensive like $50 and so now, My hair is falling out, and this time I notice it. A LOT. I notice I'm losing a lot in the shower, when I brush my hair, etc., but it feels fine. I do have the tendency to brush through my hair with my hands a lotbecause my hair typically gets kinda knotty because of my type of natural curl. (Beach Waves) so is it that? is it me just being self conscious since I can't really feel the hair loss but notice it? Could it just be my medicine playing a side effect?? It is literally driving me crazy. I don't know! I don't feel any loss, but it seems like I'm shedding like a dog! What should I do??

moderator alert Thread moved by mdport. (Forum Moderator) from 'Health, Life & Relationships' as I feel it's more suited here.

Last edited by Matt; 29-01-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    One song can change the mood, trigger a memory.
    One song can change your life.
    Listening to my heart

**|Live Life|Be Real|And Order Your Burger With Everything|12/28/14|**1/18/16**

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Could it just be my medicine playing a side effect??
    check the known side effects..?

A is offline Merry Christmas
    and all the best for 2021...
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Bunnies!

Latest Awards:

Could be the side effects to the medication, i'd check with a doctor and explain just to be on the safe side!

ex. senior dj, events organiser and hxhd staff
    oh, and ex forum mod too...

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Hopefully it is the side effects unless you are just noticing things more.

I had a scare I was losing my hair a few months ago but it was just how I had it combed when it was slightly longer.

Has anybody else noticed your hair thinning or is it just you?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

I was on the pill for a few months my hair went seriously thin and I didn't even realise that was why for so long. My boyfriend didn't notice until I pointed it out but I felt so insecure for ages

Buy thickening shampoo, the Loreal Elvive one is good and so is the Head and Shoulders. There's even more expensive ones too if you're wanting more results but the Elvive I saw a difference after the first time
    Always have courage and be kind

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I was on the pill for a few months my hair went seriously thin and I didn't even realise that was why for so long. My boyfriend didn't notice until I pointed it out but I felt so insecure for ages

Buy thickening shampoo, the Loreal Elvive one is good and so is the Head and Shoulders. There's even more expensive ones too if you're wanting more results but the Elvive I saw a difference after the first time
    Thickening shampoo did seem to work. At least the Nioxin did. Is it pretty expensive though? I have never used Loreal. Only Pantene and Bedhead usually. Sometimes Aussie. Does it make your hair look pretty good also? I have used Head and shoulders before. I didn't like the result of that considering how it made my hair look after washing. I might have to try that though!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    check the known side effects..?
    Some people have it and some people don't. It's not really an "official" side effect

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Hopefully it is the side effects unless you are just noticing things more.

I had a scare I was losing my hair a few months ago but it was just how I had it combed when it was slightly longer.

Has anybody else noticed your hair thinning or is it just you?
    Just me. I have mentioned it to my mom to see if she noticed anything early on and she felt it and such and didn't see much wrong. I do think she notices it's falling out though because she's always yelling at me about it. :/ Had some of my friends feel it and they didn't seem to find anything wrong either which is why I'm thinking it's just me being paranoid.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

it cost me 3 for £10 for the big bottles in boots and i got the shampoo / conditioner and a hair mask tub too but i looked into it after i impulse bought them n they actually do a thickener in the range which i need to get, assuming u use it when u wash ur hair but apparently if u use the thickener with the shampoo and conditioner ull get a lot of results

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Another thing is, the past year or so has not been the greatest, lots of things have happened and lots of worrying. I have really bad anxiety and get stressed so much and easily. I feel like I'm not stressed, but I don't think it ever went away. So maybe I'm just used to the feeling of being stressed all the time. Maybe this is why? Maybe everything is literally "making my hair fall out"?

I don't know what it is. I can grab a pretty big section of my hair and run my hair through it and down it and it's pretty inevitable that at least some comes out.

I don't know what else to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    it cost me 3 for £10 for the big bottles in boots and i got the shampoo / conditioner and a hair mask tub too but i looked into it after i impulse bought them n they actually do a thickener in the range which i need to get, assuming u use it when u wash ur hair but apparently if u use the thickener with the shampoo and conditioner ull get a lot of results
    Alright, thanks! I'll look for that next time I go out to shop! Do you buy it in a special place like Ulta or a hair salon or is it just like in your local drugstore?
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by _HeyyitsHannah_ View Post
    Another thing is, the past year or so has not been the greatest, lots of things have happened and lots of worrying. I have really bad anxiety and get stressed so much and easily. I feel like I'm not stressed, but I don't think it ever went away. So maybe I'm just used to the feeling of being stressed all the time. Maybe this is why? Maybe everything is literally "making my hair fall out"?

I don't know what it is. I can grab a pretty big section of my hair and run my hair through it and down it and it's pretty inevitable that at least some comes out.

I don't know what else to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, thanks! I'll look for that next time I go out to shop! Do you buy it in a special place like Ulta or a hair salon or is it just like in your local drugstore?
    It's drugstore

Tokens

It might be the medicines that may be causing the hair loss. I suggest you apply oil to your hair regularly and massage your scalp and keep it moist.