HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soical Anxiety

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Can I ask why you get nervous and panic a lot in the situations described?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Chloe7355; I know I already posted in here but this blog just reappeared on my tumblr and I know they sometimes reblog useful stuff. Here's their anxiety tag:

http://onlinecounsellingcollege.tumb...tagged/anxiety
    --
    personalstuffiguess

Though I have actually come quite far with being anxious in social situations (like 2 years ago I would be terrified at the prospect of speaking to a staff member in a store, now I'm fine with it) and with all my other emotional problems and stuff. The moodgym link I gave you earlier has an interesting section on warped/distorted thoughts which has actually bloody stuck in my mind for ages. They're in the spoiler with links just in case you can relate to any of them:

warped thoughts

Most probably, jumping to conclusions probably relates better to anxiety than the others. The aim is to identify the distorted thought pattern, realise you are actually having a warped thought and then challenge it.

Sorry this was a long post and might not even help you but identifying thoughts has actually helped me loads, still have a way to go though haha
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Chloe7355

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Can I ask why you get nervous and panic a lot in the situations described?
    I don't exactly know tbh ;l

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe7355 View Post
    I don't exactly know tbh ;l
    If you wanted to go to CBT or something, which I thoroughly recommend that you do, they'd want you to try and work out why. Find out exactly when you start to panic and under what circumstances. If you see any correlations, they might be something to do with it.

My therapist told me to make a list of the things that scared me and rate them /100 for how scary they were. 0 obviously being a breeze and 100 being I'd die if I did that.
    I'll take a few examples from my list:
    Getting on a bus on my own - 60
    Making a phone call - 80
    Asking a friend over/out to do something - 85
    Being in crowded spaces - 30
    Having to ask a stranger a question - 50

Once I'd worked out as many things that I was afraid of as I could think of, I had to start working on the list. You always start with the smallest thing, so using my example I'd have to go into town during a busy time and tell myself to keep calm. Obviously we worked on coping strategies for me to use so I didn't panic when I got there (see my first post in this thread for examples of coping strategies).

This post has gone on a bit but I suggest making a list of all the things that make you scared, rate them on their scariness and then ask yourself WHY and could I overcome it? If not, who could I ask for help?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Chloe7355

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    If you wanted to go to CBT or something, which I thoroughly recommend that you do, they'd want you to try and work out why. Find out exactly when you start to panic and under what circumstances. If you see any correlations, they might be something to do with it.

My therapist told me to make a list of the things that scared me and rate them /100 for how scary they were. 0 obviously being a breeze and 100 being I'd die if I did that.
    I'll take a few examples from my list:
    Getting on a bus on my own - 60
    Making a phone call - 80
    Asking a friend over/out to do something - 85
    Being in crowded spaces - 30
    Having to ask a stranger a question - 50

Once I'd worked out as many things that I was afraid of as I could think of, I had to start working on the list. You always start with the smallest thing, so using my example I'd have to go into town during a busy time and tell myself to keep calm. Obviously we worked on coping strategies for me to use so I didn't panic when I got there (see my first post in this thread for examples of coping strategies).

This post has gone on a bit but I suggest making a list of all the things that make you scared, rate them on their scariness and then ask yourself WHY and could I overcome it? If not, who could I ask for help?
    Thank you, I will try doing this, I appreciate it x
    Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    @Chloe7355; I know I already posted in here but this blog just reappeared on my tumblr and I know they sometimes reblog useful stuff. Here's their anxiety tag:

http://onlinecounsellingcollege.tumb...tagged/anxiety
    --
    personalstuffiguess

Though I have actually come quite far with being anxious in social situations (like 2 years ago I would be terrified at the prospect of speaking to a staff member in a store, now I'm fine with it) and with all my other emotional problems and stuff. The moodgym link I gave you earlier has an interesting section on warped/distorted thoughts which has actually bloody stuck in my mind for ages. They're in the spoiler with links just in case you can relate to any of them:

warped thoughts

Most probably, jumping to conclusions probably relates better to anxiety than the others. The aim is to identify the distorted thought pattern, realise you are actually having a warped thought and then challenge it.

Sorry this was a long post and might not even help you but identifying thoughts has actually helped me loads, still have a way to go though haha
    Thank you, the website seems rly helpful I appreciate it x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12