HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going 'out out'

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default Going 'out out'

Ok, so I feel like a right dry ****e at the moment. Anytime the lads ask me to go out I always feel like I need to make excuses. In the past I loved going to nightclubs & getting wasted but now I just hate it. It costs too much money & I don't want to binge on alcohol as its bad for me, I'm also trying to fix that part of my lifestyle. If I go out and don't drink it'll be stupid, not because I need alcohol to have a good time but when everyone else is drunk and I'm not, I just feel out of place. I told the lads I'd go tonight but only because I ran out of excuses, I don't want to go out, when they asked me to go out a few weeks back, I knew then I didn't want to go out but felt pressured into saying yes as if i had of said no would have just get bombarded with questions and the simple answer is, I don't like drinking anymore and don't want to waste my time standing around other drunk people having a great time.

Ugh I feel really selfish. What should i do its tonight!

/oldmanspeech
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i haven't drank in months, haven't been to a club since september

people just grow out of it, when i'm finished college i'll go out but i'm done with drinking i think, except for very very special and certain occasions. it's good that you don't feel dependent on alcohol!!! just go out but don't feel pressured to drinking, it's one night and you might have fun

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ALL THE TIME IM EXCATLY THE SAME AS YOU

however I don't care about making excuses (a)

one thing I have found is being sober when everyone else is drunk isn't actually the worst thing in the world - if you stay in quiet places (so not massive nightclubs) I've found myself having a more enjoyable night!

If you don't wanna go out though I don't see why they'd be annoyed at you, if you kept refusing to see them then ok I'd understand it. Maybe suggest more daytime events and if they keep refusing you too then they obviously care more about the booze than the friendships...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've never really seen the appeal of drinking, I've drunk occasionally, but I would never go out a lot of the time like some people do. I think it's a waste of money especially how much bars, clubs and pubs charge compared to some shops whereby you can just have a quiet drink at home.

I'd be honest with them, tell them you're not the greatest fan of drinking anymore, but you could also offer alternatives to do too. There's nothing saying you can't go out for a meal or a bite to eat and maybe have a drink with said meal. It doesn't need to be over the top and I don't think they'd be annoyed with you, like Laura said suggest more day time activities too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    i haven't drank in months, haven't been to a club since september

people just grow out of it, when i'm finished college i'll go out but i'm done with drinking i think, except for very very special and certain occasions. it's good that you don't feel dependent on alcohol!!! just go out but don't feel pressured to drinking, it's one night and you might have fun
    Glad I'm not the only one getting old all my mates get completely wasted so even when I'm drinking and slightly sober I feel a bit weird lol THIS IS SO BAD

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ALL THE TIME IM EXCATLY THE SAME AS YOU

however I don't care about making excuses (a)

one thing I have found is being sober when everyone else is drunk isn't actually the worst thing in the world - if you stay in quiet places (so not massive nightclubs) I've found myself having a more enjoyable night!

If you don't wanna go out though I don't see why they'd be annoyed at you, if you kept refusing to see them then ok I'd understand it. Maybe suggest more daytime events and if they keep refusing you too then they obviously care more about the booze than the friendships...
    My friends don't really do daytime events only thing we did out of the ordinary was went camping but even then it involved mass alcohol, i understand its uni, this is what happens but for me I just feel like i say no to everything but thats only cause everything involves alcohol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    I've never really seen the appeal of drinking, I've drunk occasionally, but I would never go out a lot of the time like some people do. I think it's a waste of money especially how much bars, clubs and pubs charge compared to some shops whereby you can just have a quiet drink at home.

I'd be honest with them, tell them you're not the greatest fan of drinking anymore, but you could also offer alternatives to do too. There's nothing saying you can't go out for a meal or a bite to eat and maybe have a drink with said meal. It doesn't need to be over the top and I don't think they'd be annoyed with you, like Laura said suggest more day time activities too.
    thanks for the advice but my friends would never go out and do something like that if i go out i'll spend at least 50-70 euro usually, taxis, club fees, smokes (which i hate too) and alcohol, sure pints are like 5euro a pop but tbh tonight its 2euro a drink but i don't want to go
    Last edited by Richie; 26-02-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Omg I know exactly how you feel! I hate going out and my housemate is always trying to get me to go out and it's like urm I'm poor and I don't want to and he's such a child over it. Like he tries to guilt trip me to get me to go out and it'd just be me and him. He's single, I'm not. Every time we have gone out in the past he spends the night looking for the shift and when he's finally found someones leg to grind for the night I just go home get pizza and go home

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Thanks for all the advice, I said it to my mates with good reasoning and they were actually fine with it. Still doesn't stop me from feeling like a *** ;l lmao
    ofwgktadgaf

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I had a period like this when I left school... sure to say I was deluded and now love going out.

In any case whatever you do, make sure you don't lose contact with friends.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

spending your life savings drinking to excess in clubs is a bit of a teen thing, nothing wrong with growing out of it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

i felt like this after the first couple months into uni but turns out it was because i'd end up going out like 3 times a week with my flatmates, even though they irritated the hell out of me. now i only go out like once a week with people who are actually out to dance and have a good time instead of constantly thinking about pulling a guy. i don't spend much whilst i'm out too tbf, i predrink a lot so only buy one drink out, if that

being honest is the best thing you can do, no point going out and spending money if your not enjoying yourself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast