HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

So, finally home. Been watching it all day. Crazy to think that 24 hours ago a lot of us were thinking that Miliband would be trying to organise something together right now, maybe trying to run a Labour minority or a coalition government and we've got completely the opposite result.

Obviously great news if your a Tory or SNP supporter. Labour losing the Scottish vote was pretty much predicted and not a surprise at all - and it didn't impact on the election. Labour didn't make the gains it needed in England and Wales - the Tories had them firmly beat. Will be interesting to see what Labour brings with Miliband, Harman and Balls gone.

UKIP, disaster really, although relatively speaking not as bad as other parties. Came 3rd in voting as expected, but to lose a seat isn't good. Farage is gone, a part of me hopes he doesn't end up being leader again. Maybe we'll see him presenting Top Gear.

Lib Dems, it was expected they would collapse, I'm not shocked that they collapsed this much either. The coalition killed them.

In regards to FPTP, I don't agree with it, I voted for AV back in 2011 but it wouldn't have changed anything. I remember reading an article a few weeks back which predicted that with AV, the Conservatives would probably get a majority government because a lot of UKIP voters would probably back the Tories as a 2nd choice. Look what we ended up with anyway. AV probably would have gave a bigger majority to the Tories I think. Plus, we won't see any changes coming soon. Why would the Tories want to change anything?

Really still looking forward into how all the polls were wrong. Also wondering if Ashdown will eat a hat because to be fair, the exit poll wasn't correct, it said that the Lib Dems would do better than they did and it would be a hung parliament

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Just watched Cleggs, Milibands and Farages resignation speeches. Why do they sound their most normal and relatable when they're resigning?

I wish Theresa May didn't get her seat.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    i know that dom, same with N.Ireland parties. i mean it seems fair on one hand because it's going by constituencies but it doesn't seem fair on the other cause so much people's vote doesn't count. just wondering if there was a fairer way of voting, regardless of the outcome?

alsoooooooo is the ireland results good or bad? all i saw was "a racist party got majority in n ireland!!111" but ppl say that about any party that wins
    We have less than 2 million people here, whereas England has over 50 million so of course they were going to get more votes. If you did it soley on number of votes, we wouldn't have anyone representing us lmao. There won't be any shakeup for NI. The results were basically the same as always. The East Belfast seat went from the dup to alliance last election but was regained back last night, and then Sinn Fein lost a seat due to tactics by the unionist parties of only presenting one candidate. (Last election SF won here by like 4 votes) SF have a policy of boycotting Westminister and refuse to take their seats, so they have 4 instead of 5 mps now. They aren't racist but a lot are conservative christians, but then so would I say is a lot of the population. I think the church in general has a much stronger presence here than the rest of the uk. If you are going to accuse any party of something, you have leaders of SF that was in the IRA.
    Last edited by Red; 08-05-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    We have less than 2 million people here, whereas England has over 50 million so of course they were going to get more votes. If you did it soley on number of votes, we wouldn't have anyone representing us lmao. There won't be any shakeup for NI. The results were basically the same as always. The East Belfast seat went from the dup to alliance last election but was regained back last night, and then Sinn Fein lost a seat due to tactics by the unionist parties of only presenting one candidate. (Last election SF won here by like 4 votes) SF have a policy of boycotting Westminister and refuse to take their seats, so they have 4 instead of 5 mps now. They aren't racist but a lot are conservative christians, but then so would I say is a lot of the population. I think the church in general has a much stronger presence here than the rest of the uk. If you are going to accuse any party of something, you have leaders of SF that was in the IRA.
    Aren't they homophobic though?
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm kinda saddened Farage didn't get his seat, I think he genuinely deserved it over a tory . The fact he's stepping down isn't going to do UKIP any good either.

BUT CLEGG IS FINALLY ******** GONE SO I AM OVERJOYED.

Considering the tories have only won by a very slim amount, the next election will yet again be all to play for I imagine. These are going to be an interesting five years.
    --
    And Oh yes, the Lib Dems with 8 seats...
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Aren't they homophobic though?
    hence the conservative christian lmao. Abortion is still banned here and gay marriage won't be going through any time soon.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    hence the conservative christian lmao. Abortion is still banned here and gay marriage won't be going through any time soon.
    seems backwards to me naturally
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens
    Habbo
    ajs406

Latest Awards:

Ye it sucks the Nigel resigned, but he did do a really good job, just look at the amount of people that voted UKIP.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

nigel farage won't be gone for long.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    I'm kinda saddened Farage didn't get his seat, I think he genuinely deserved it over a tory . The fact he's stepping down isn't going to do UKIP any good either.

BUT CLEGG IS FINALLY ******** GONE SO I AM OVERJOYED.

Considering the tories have only won by a very slim amount, the next election will yet again be all to play for I imagine. These are going to be an interesting five years.
    --
    And Oh yes, the Lib Dems with 8 seats...
    Also, it is very rare for a party to be in government for three terms.