HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Habtastic 2015!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Officer-Chris

Default Habtastic 2015!

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone remembers Habtastic it used to be a fansite with a help desk.

It got shut down a few years ago and I have decided to let the name live on.

I have made a Habbo fansite which can be found at http://habtastic.jimdo.com

It is still in progress but I think it's doing well.

I spent a long time decorating the room too. I hope you like it!

What do you think?
    Last edited by Officer-Chris; 31-05-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Shane and mine & a few others' old fansite hahaha

I still have all the old versions

Gl I suppose!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Officer-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by lRhyss View Post
    Shane and mine & a few others' old fansite hahaha

I still have all the old versions

Gl I suppose!
    Thanks do you think it looks ok at the moment?

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

In the long run, you won't want to be using Jimdo at all, as free web providers don't offer the right amount of tools needed for you to create a professional and well made fansite. Also your header graphic looks bad, only because of the fact you haven't made the text in your header transparent.

I can't complain really because I made a fansite on Piczo and then Freewebs when I was younger and that's how I started so I'm not going to rip into you, it's looking good so far but if you're looking long run, try and find some decent hosting. You'll have to pay but then you'll be more likely to get the attention you deserve.

Good luck, though!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Officer-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    In the long run, you won't want to be using Jimdo at all, as free web providers don't offer the right amount of tools needed for you to create a professional and well made fansite. Also your header graphic looks bad, only because of the fact you haven't made the text in your header transparent.

I can't complain really because I made a fansite on Piczo and then Freewebs when I was younger and that's how I started so I'm not going to rip into you, it's looking good so far but if you're looking long run, try and find some decent hosting. You'll have to pay but then you'll be more likely to get the attention you deserve.

Good luck, though!
    Thanks for your honesty Joe I appreciate it.
    I was hoping to see how it goes and maybe make a donations page and then I can purchase a domain yearly.
    I want it to be a bit more popular before I make any big decisions or I may be investing in nothing.
    I agree with everything you say and will make these changes

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Officer-Chris View Post
    Thanks for your honesty Joe I appreciate it.
    I was hoping to see how it goes and maybe make a donations page and then I can purchase a domain yearly.
    I want it to be a bit more popular before I make any big decisions or I may be investing in nothing.
    I agree with everything you say and will make these changes
    Your very welcome, it's nice to see a new fansite trying to break into the game because normally they don't last long, so I really do wish you the best of luck. That sounds like a good plan, and exactly the same mindset that I had when creating my fansite - I didn't have much money so the money I did have I wouldn't want to be going into a website that might not work. Best of luck though, I hope to see it grow and I'll make sure I visit you when I can.

Tokens
    Habbo
    OddKrAtNo

Latest Awards:

This is the way to go for some fansites, i remember a old official habbo fansite (habbopalace if i remember correctly) started out with free services, a good staff lineup and allot of activity, they where loved. And as the site grew popular coders signed up to make a whole new fansite. A fansite with layout and functions i yet have not seen on any .com sites, I wish you well for the future, because it can become a thing if you have the right lineup and do the right things!.
    On a personal note i would change that banner, it's a bit to zoomy* and the font should be transparent, otherwise i love the background, clean and simple.
    Former: Habboxlive dj (Oddy), Content designer, Pixel artist, Forum moderator, Forum developer

Tokens
    Habbo
    Officer-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Your very welcome, it's nice to see a new fansite trying to break into the game because normally they don't last long, so I really do wish you the best of luck. That sounds like a good plan, and exactly the same mindset that I had when creating my fansite - I didn't have much money so the money I did have I wouldn't want to be going into a website that might not work. Best of luck though, I hope to see it grow and I'll make sure I visit you when I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by OddKrAtNo View Post
    This is the way to go for some fansites, i remember a old official habbo fansite (habbopalace if i remember correctly) started out with free services, a good staff lineup and allot of activity, they where loved. And as the site grew popular coders signed up to make a whole new fansite. A fansite with layout and functions i yet have not seen on any .com sites, I wish you well for the future, because it can become a thing if you have the right lineup and do the right things!.
    On a personal note i would change that banner, it's a bit to zoomy* and the font should be transparent, otherwise i love the background, clean and simple.
    The header has now been updated its now transparent however it may still look zoomed this is because the wavy lines below the header is the design and to take these off would ruin the background of the image (Clouds). I am limited until I pay yearly for a domain What do you think of the header?

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Officer-Chris View Post
    The header has now been updated its now transparent however it may still look zoomed this is because the wavy lines below the header is the design and to take these off would ruin the background of the image (Clouds). I am limited until I pay yearly for a domain What do you think of the header?
    Understandable how you'll be limited, it looks better but still is zoomed, is there no way you could take away the wavy lines and change the header so "Habtastic" is more centred on the background, then you'll have to adjust the image dimensions to how big the header actually is. Otherwise, this looks alright, if you'd like any help feel free to PM me mate, got a load of fansite experience that I wouldn't mind helping you out with it!

Tokens

Good luck with this.