HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

think she might have had some work done

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    She looks beautiful without the photoshop if you've bothered to look. Are you also implying that trans people tend to look ugly lol?
    To be fair, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sex View Post
    She looks beautiful without the photoshop if you've bothered to look
    Not once did I deny that.

Are you also implying that trans people tend to look ugly lol?
    ...No...lol...

I was implying that any trans person who has fears they won't "look right" as* their new sex after surgery and wants to seek comfort in a role model, can't exactly easily relate to the case of Bruce-Caitlyn considering how the first "spectular" image they will have seen of her is photoshopped to death.
    Last edited by MKR&*42; 01-06-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Is that it? She's just a transperson who has become a model? Should this really come as a shock or even news? She does the model thing as you would expect - with or without the Photoshop.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Is that it? She's just a transperson who has become a model? Should this really come as a shock or even news? She does the model thing as you would expect - with or without the Photoshop.
    She's revealing the real her in this shoot/article after only coming out a few weeks ago. I don't think she has any plans to become a model full time, she's just public showing the true her (which is why a couple people are annoyed about photoshop, that's hardly being true to yourself)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    welldonemate

Latest Awards:

amount of photoshop put into this picture
    (H)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    She's revealing the real her in this shoot/article after only coming out a few weeks ago. I don't think she has any plans to become a model full time, she's just public showing the true her (which is why a couple people are annoyed about photoshop, that's hardly being true to yourself)

She looks perfectly fine - it just seems weird that people can still be this judgemental in 2015 and I imagine this would be an inspiration to those who, for reasons that shouldn't exist, feel judged for who they are and what they want to be. It certainly does not help that Photoshop was used in buckets, but then again all the big models are electronically enhanced on a computer. It just seems normal, which is all this is really - her and the industry behind modelling (whether she does go into it or does it one off for a reveal).

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    She looks perfectly fine - it just seems weird that people can still be this judgemental in 2015 and I imagine this would be an inspiration to those who, for reasons that shouldn't exist, feel judged for who they are and what they want to be. It certainly does not help that Photoshop was used in buckets, but then again all the big models are electronically enhanced on a computer. It just seems normal, which is all this is really - her and the industry behind modelling (whether she does go into it or does it one off for a reveal).
    It's nothing against her being trans or judging her for that at all - and she does look bloody amazing - but many celebrities are shunning photoshop and ensuring magazines don't edit them within their contract for the shoot and stuff. I, personally anyway, feel like it detracts from the story to rely on the photoshop and I fully understand what some people are saying about it not being a great role model for other trans people - almost giving the message that they're not good enough without the surgery and the photoshop as well. I mean that is an absolute extreme viewpoint I do realise, but I just can't shake the feeling that showing the real her is a bit laughable with the obvious photoshop.

But trans visibility = good.

I was watching a video of trans people talking about Bruce Jenner's (as she was still using that name then) interview with Diane Sawyer and her decisions and the coverage and it was really interesting to hear what they had to say about it. Seemed to be very much "trans visibility is good and changing perspectives and media learning but the way she's gone about it is a bit commercial and odd" - paraphrasing from memory here of course.

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

pretty sure if this was a thread showing off a mag cover of a cis woman who had been photoshopped, nobody would care half as much as you all do because it's a transgender woman.

and can we just remember that it isn't about whether or not they used photoshop on the picture it's about caitlyn jenner who is finally who she has wanted to be for a long time? and is happy?????? and who is going to inspire and help people by coming out with her story? i think she looks amazing, i've seen videos and in my opinion she looks just as good as on the cover. the way the kardashian's in general have been supportive with this is really going to help people in the future i hope

good on caitlyn, she really does look like jessica lange/lana del rey !!! i love how laverne & caitlyn keep mentioning each other in interviews and seem to have gotten closer too
    Last edited by thms; 02-06-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by thms View Post
    pretty sure if this was a thread showing off a mag cover of a cis woman who had been photoshopped, nobody would care half as much as you all do because it's a transgender woman.
    please can people stop using cis as an actual unironic term, it's so stupid lmao. Tess munster isn't trans and has her cellulite photoshopped in her magazine covers while promoting the idea that beauty exists at every size and this is quite similar. The argument is that if these people are happy in who they are and want to promote that ethos then hiding the 'real them' isn't the best way to go about it because it just stinks of hypocrisy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12