HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Should HabboxLive introduce an auto streamer?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 50.00%
  • No

14 41.18%
  • On the fence

3 8.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ripieno

Latest Awards:

Default Should HabboxLive introduce an auto streamer?

For those of you who don't already know, an 'Auto Streamer' is something that will automatically play music whenever the radio is off air, filling the empty silences.

In a lot of feedback sent in by you guys, it's been outlined that DJs often stream too much. An auto streamer has both positives and negatives, one of the benefits being that it promotes activity in DJs, making streamed slots via SAM Broadcaster redundant. On the other hand, it could potentially promote laziness.

So! Offer your input! Do you think that I should introduce an auto streamer, or are you adverse to the idea?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think people would take advantage and become lazy. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I feel too lazy to speak, as I feel repetitive, and I often pick up more listeners through streaming depending on the day and whats going on. It should be distributed equally, so everyone has the option to stream but must DJ properly at least once a week or something. It would be a good idea to have it but to not be taken advantage of.
    Good things take time, but the best things, happen all at once..

I am the future Mrs Cooper..

But don't tell Jason that

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cromwell

Latest Awards:

I'm going to vote no, we've already discussed this but I'll make it public.

It's understandable that an auto DJ is being brought up because of the lack of activity, but from past experience introducing an auto dj just makes DJ's more and more lazy. Why DJ when theres an auto-dj on? I know when I see the radio off and I'm not busy, i'll jump on even to stream for a bit. Rather then use a streamer there needs to be work done on the staff situation and on the rewards schemes in place, which we're doing. Also, with the introduction of new streaming rules, listener targets and weekly shows all this could help boost activity on air by summer. We just need that time

So, maybe for a short short (really short) time but it can't be dependable on for a long sprint.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I say no as everyone in future may presume Habbox to have a streamer on and just turn the radio off when there's actually a DJ on.

If anything you could get some backing music/theme like relaxing that plays continuously when there's nobody on. But no songs and stuff like that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shockwave.2CC

Latest Awards:

I don't know about this

It could be good either way

Yes, it would be good as it might get more people listening
    But it could also be bad as it might make DJs lazy
    The House Always Wins

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No, I see no point in this
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

No

The main reason people tune in is for the DJs personalities (those who have them OOOOOOOOH) rather than the music, which we could obviously all stream ourselves if we were so inclined. An auto streamer probably wouldn't cause a huge amount of detriment, but it certainly won't bring any bonus to the department and will just show up the amount of dead air that needs covering
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes. Allowing the radio to go offline is stupid, queue some jingles that advertise forum and events etc and there is no harm that can come of this. If DJs will 'become lazy' then they don't want to be DJs lmao :S

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Where would you store the music? Wasn't that a problem brought up before?

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Is it better to have the radio offline or have music/jingles always playing. Then a DJ who is willing to actually do a show and talk and interact with the community rather than just stream? Hmm it's an interesting one.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast