HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

So is this decision going to be reversed? Seems like forum management over-reacted and banned every state flag with the colours red, white and blue. You have to be pretty stupid to think those State Flags are the Confederate Flag.

Had the management not over-acted, Dan would not have reacted in the way that he did. Simple. Forum Management and Moderators (or rather, the General Manager and a Super Moderator) are no smarter than the members just because they are moderators. I think if you were told by someone with no knowledge of flags, political history etc to remove something inoffensive because they think they are better than you, you would be pretty pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Dan is being made out to be some sort of victim in this, when he is the one who has caused the issue in the first place. The flag was removed from his profile weeks ago and he was warned by the forum department not to keep adding it back. It was then removed a further three times before we thought that enough was enough, which is what led to the dismissal.

For those saying that I'm rubbish, unfair or whatever other insult you want to try and throw my way - I don't care. The decision was a joint decision between general management and we discussed it before taking any action. If you seriously think that I've been making all these decisions on for the past year then you are mistaken.
    Of course he is the victim. You banned a flag not knowing what it was because some idiots, who also didn't know what the flag was but felt compelled to be offended, told you to remove it. Had you not banned a flag and removed his signature, none of this would have happened. You really do not understand cause an effect. You banning the flag and removing his signature caused Undertaker to react. You banned it, not Undertaker. Had it not been banned, you and your team would not look hopeless and this thread would not have existed, Dan would still be Debates Leader and we would all be wiser than we are now. Why was this not even discussed with members?

I thought Habbox got over hiring dud GMs making back room decisions.

Honestly, I can't believe there are members in positions who do not know what flag is which and make brash decisions. Do you just sit around clapping hands, defecating everywhere while singing Kumbaya and gawking at each other? You'll get more sense from a children's play group.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

Some unnamed genius at the company feels that the flag is "offensive to some" and therefore it has no business on a classic t.v. comedy about a bunch of good ol' boys and girls in the Southern mountains. This is a new level of "P.C." idiocy. I don't know about you, but I am tired of being insulted by morons.

Quoted by actor Ben Jones of Dukes of Hazzard.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I half agree with @GommeInc;

The decision to ban the flag (as in, put it in forum rules or whatever) should be taken back as most people seem to agree it's stupid. But I don't think Dan should get his role back. Regardless of whether he was in the right from the beginning or not, he chose to have a tantrum that wasn't necessary and that's not something I want to be seeing managers (who should be setting an example) doing and then being almost rewarded for it by getting a role back!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

Fine, fire him what ever, but don't threaten to ban him. Absolutely no need other than trying to throw their weight around. I have a fairly clean record on the forum, but I am half tempted to post flags in my signature to see which ones will get me infracted and which ones won't
    Last edited by Danny; 12-07-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

I feel like we're going round in circles here. You can blame me as much as you like, but I've explained countless times that I did not make the decision alone. The decision isn't going to be reversed so you may as well just get over it and move on.

Thread closed.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    insulting wispur seems to be the slightly more popular choice

i would recommend going for two birds with one stone and getting wispur and flyingjesus (because that always gets rep) in the same post
    flyingjesus is the best choice

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314