HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    -=TK=-

Latest Awards:

Default Good News for Cecil The Lion's Cubs!

As most of you have already heard an American Dentist has killed a beloved lion in Zimbabwe. The dentist Walter Palmer shot local lion hero Cecil with an arrow, tracked him for a day to finish off the job. Palmer claims he had no idea, meanwhile Cecil wore a GPS collar which Palmer attempted to remove to cover up the killing. The shamed dentist has been reciving backlash from the American public and others around the world. His business has been bombarded with hate mail and stuffed lion animals.

Good News finally does come from this tradgic story. As Cecils brother steps up to care for his orphaned cubs. Find the full story in the link below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-expert.html

Thank you for reading, this story made me happy so I wanted to share it with you guys!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why are people being so horrible to the man? It's an animal.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm 100% against hunting unless it is done humanely in order to feed people or if it's done simply to survive.

He did it for fun which I am absolutely against, how can someone have pleasure from taking another animal's life for nothing? How can someone feel proud having an animal's head hanging on their wall? No matter how many people disagree with me on this forum -- which I know a lot will such as Jellyfish -- he's no better than a murderer to me.

If he gets extradited to Zimbabwe I hope he's given the maximum sentence, ten or fifteen years I believe I read.
    Last edited by Lewis; 01-08-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    such as Jellyfish -- he's no better than a murderer to me.
    People can pay to hunt for sport in countries where culls or relocation frpm areas in which populations are out of control are too expensive for locals to afford. I don't see a problem with that personally!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    People can pay to hunt for sport in countries where culls or relocation frpm areas in which populations are out of control are too expensive for locals to afford. I don't see a problem with that personally!
    Hunting for sport is disgusting, end of. I'd love to see it turned round on the humans who do it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -=Tk=- View Post
    As most of you have already heard an American Dentist has killed a beloved lion in Zimbabwe. The dentist Walter Palmer shot local lion hero Cecil with an arrow, tracked him for a day to finish off the job. Palmer claims he had no idea, meanwhile Cecil wore a GPS collar which Palmer attempted to remove to cover up the killing. The shamed dentist has been reciving backlash from the American public and others around the world. His business has been bombarded with hate mail and stuffed lion animals.

Good News finally does come from this tradgic story. As Cecils brother steps up to care for his orphaned cubs. Find the full story in the link below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-expert.html

Thank you for reading, this story made me happy so I wanted to share it with you guys!
    More bad news...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...chers-Zimbabwe

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Awful behaviour obviously but to me it's utterly disgusting that there's so much outrage over this while a great many worse atrocities are going on across the world with no-one making any noise at all
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I'm 100% against hunting unless it is done humanely in order to feed people or if it's done simply to survive.

He did it for fun which I am absolutely against, how can someone have pleasure from taking another animal's life for nothing? How can someone feel proud having an animal's head hanging on their wall? No matter how many people disagree with me on this forum -- which I know a lot will such as Jellyfish -- he's no better than a murderer to me.

If he gets extradited to Zimbabwe I hope he's given the maximum sentence, ten or fifteen years I believe I read.
    going to try and play the devils advocate here, if you are going to be against it, why not in every case? why should because people are hungry result in the death of an animal, yet when it's for sport, fun or for money, it's an atrocity or disgusting? curious as to why you against it in one sense but not in the other? when is killing an animal regardless of it feeding people ever going to be done in a 'humane' manner? why is their an exception when it'll feed people or aid them in survival, when really it's killing animals. period.

i'm not for or against your view lewis i just want to understand more, if it's disgusting and you are absolutely against the death of let's say innocent animal, why is it when they are for food any better or different to this??? idk if this even makes sense bye
    Last edited by thms; 02-08-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

what he did was wrong but i am not really happy with this hate campaign against the dentist who shot the lion! thousands of similar animal killings happen every year - some LEGAL because where there are large amounts of money to be made they're not going to suddenly stop hunting

there is a breed of rhino which was recently declared extinct because of poaching but i didn't see this much outrage

also there is a girl called kendall jones who pays for loads of legal hunts of loads of animals and the world has pretty much forgot about her http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-safaris.html

legal hunts can help pay for conservation and poorer families who live on land can receive payments for allowing hunting on their land

so why so much outrage at this white american man who unknowingly killed a lion illegally? because the media is creating such a hype about it and in a few weeks nobody will care

people protesting outside his homes and workplace are pretty disgusting tbh and people calling for his death IT'S RIDICULOUS!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by thms View Post
    going to try and play the devils advocate here, if you are going to be against it, why not in every case? why should because people are hungry result in the death of an animal, yet when it's for sport, fun or for money, it's an atrocity or disgusting? curious as to why you against it in one sense but not in the other? when is killing an animal regardless of it feeding people ever going to be done in a 'humane' manner? why is their an exception when it'll feed people or aid them in survival, when really it's killing animals. period.

i'm not for or against your view lewis i just want to understand more, if it's disgusting and you are absolutely against the death of let's say innocent animal, why is it when they are for food any better or different to this??? idk if this even makes sense bye
    Because it's not necessary to kill an animal for any other reason? How could one get joy out of beheading an animal and putting its head above their wall? Is that really a "trophy"? To me it's inhumane and disgusting.

We ourselves may be animals, but I'd like to think we know a bit better and we're that tiny bit more intelligent. There's no need to slowly drain the life out of an animal after shooting it with a crossbow and waiting 24 hours tracking it to finally kill it and behead it.

I'm completely against hunting as a sport or to have a good time. Anyone who does it makes me feel sick.

The only way that's fine is if it's for your own protection or if it's to eat - eating other animals are just the way things work in this world, unfortunately. But since we're human we should know a little bit better - only kill if it's necessary. If someone's going to eat it, then their death isn't sort of in vain if you get me. If someone sticks their head above their fireplace and skins the animal, that to me is an unnecessary and disgusting act, what right minded person would be proud of doing that?
    Last edited by Lewis; 02-08-2015 at 12:27 PM.