HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Events

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

Default Events

I spoke about this on Habbo a few days ago but since HxSS with the exception of Zebbadi, the majority of Events have been hosted by the community. The events have been fun, active so my proposal is this. Keep things the way they are now all year round. Aslong as an event is booked and the respective host has the ability to provide prizes, I don't see what the issue would be. There would be the freedom to host events without feeling the need to complete minimums, as we all have lives to lead and can't always complete each week. If the issue is somebody new comes along and could compromise Habbox's Official status then they would have to complete an events trial perhaps, but in the whole I think this would work more in Habbox's favour

Tokens
    Habbo
    Baabycakezz

Latest Awards:

Get them all to trial first. Then they can host when and how many they want a year.

It wouldn't be fair to just trial some of them and not others.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

So you're saying: scrap the events minimum & let anyone host?

Thats not meaning to take the piss, thats a genuine question

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

If we do this the events department becomes defunct. Let's look back a few months ago where everybody was allowed host events, nobody hosted events. People only host during special events and once that's over they don't bother. I genuinely don't see the point. If people want to join the events department, where the minimum is two events (which isn't all that massive) they are welcome to, especially now that they don't have to change their names

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

It sounds crazy but look at the facts, most of Hxss has been kept alive by the community not events staff so yeah James I kinda feel events is a little redundant. Zebbadi has contributed the most, no disrespect to anyone else in the department

Tokens

Latest Awards:

As a collective the events team (including guests) have hosted approximately 37% of the events over the past three weeks. Without zebbadi, that drops down to about 20%. I don't agree with opening up events to other hosts but I certainly think more effort needs to be made to keep those hosting during HxSS as slightly more permanent fixtures if they enjoy creating and hosting games It's a worrying state of affairs in any department where the majority of its staff manage to do more in terms of minimums than their manager, too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I wouldn't suggest opening it up as a free for all, but there are members of the community who would like to host events but would rather not be dedicated to minimums if they can't ensure in themselves that they'll be able to get the time (despite it only being 2 a week).

Then again, there is nothing stopping members of the community hosting these events, it just wouldn't be an official Habbox event.

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zealoux

Latest Awards:

It was opened up and no one hosted, if you get rid of the minimums then even less will be hosted. Yes, minimums play on a sense of obligation rather than a want to host, but at the end of the day, they applied for the department and knew up front the minimums in place.
    Opening up would just drive events further into the ground. It needs a loyal team, and if that can expand, minimums could be lowered; two a week isn't that much in the scheme of things.
    If opening up say weekly events to community hosting, I'm not against that. The only reason it's been popular during these two weeks is hxss and that hype will die down. So not sure it'd even work

- - - Updated - - -

It was opened up and no one hosted, if you get rid of the minimums then even less will be hosted. Yes, minimums play on a sense of obligation rather than a want to host, but at the end of the day, they applied for the department and knew up front the minimums in place.
    Opening up would just drive events further into the ground. It needs a loyal team, and if that can expand, minimums could be lowered; two a week isn't that much in the scheme of things.
    If opening up say weekly events to community hosting, I'm not against that. The only reason it's been popular during these two weeks is hxss and that hype will die down. So not sure it'd even work

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Basing this off the main booking thread calendar, if the minimums are 2 Events per week and HxSS is over 2 weeks, each host should have hosted 4 as a minimum (not including on air comps):

Meanies: 2
    Zebbadi: 25
    !:random!:!: 6
    Cabl: 1
    Kimmy/Ripieno: 3
    Lesbon: 2
    lRhyss: 0
    Mrs_Plant: 2
    Ozzinator: 2

43 Events in total, more than half hosted by Sam alone. One EO hasn't even viewed the booking calendar thread either. I'm not sure if allowing all staff to host or opening it up to a wider audience would do anything major. Everything will most likely go pretty quiet after tomorrow.
    Last edited by Matt; 21-08-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zealoux View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I know that Jake tried community hosting where he had an event once a week that was advertised as community where people were allowed just host the game themselves, but nobody really bothered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast