HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Wubing

Latest Awards:

Default Help please. +Rep on all helpful replies.

I'm only able to do level 2 business as I only got a D in English lang. But I still have to resit English as well.
    So I told my adviser and he said to me that he contacted the college and they told him if I could demonstrate that I am coping and making progress that they may put me on to level 3 this year.

So I want to how can I really show I'm making progress and that I'm coping.

Thanks!

P.S: +Rep on all helpful replies.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sianness

Latest Awards:

In lessons/lectures make notes, ask questions and join into discussions, try really hard with your homework and also look like you're enjoying the subject.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wubing

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    In lessons/lectures make notes, ask questions and join into discussions, try really hard with your homework and also look like you're enjoying the subject.
    Alright thanks!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Yeah, above obviously, I guess take extra tasks (if you can) beyond the ones that are set? Or possibly strive to achieve deadlines early and then ask for chance to improve your work.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Baabycakezz

Latest Awards:

Make sure you attend everything on time! Show you are eager!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Prosiary

Latest Awards:

Get a few note books, if you have frees like I did my first year (i had an unnecessary 4 hour one on a Monday in between two lessons) just revise in the frees. Take notes in every lesson your in, revise over them at home after college is finished, just concentrate and try your best, you'll be fine!

liam //

www.habbox.com/jobs

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

I know tutors love it when you participate. If they ask questions and you show you are able to answer them (or at least attempt to answer them, you don't have to get them right all the time) then that gets you brownie points! - If you get them right that'll demonstrate you understand the topic and are taking on board the content being taught.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Default Help please. +Rep on all helpful replies.

It's more than pleasing your teachers - it's about showing you can cope with the workload. By jumping from a level 2 to a level 3 (I'm presuming here you're taking a BTEC) you're going to be taking on more Units. You need to demonstrate that you can cope with the work by handing in your tasks on time, meeting criteria (pass, merits and distinctions) without any problems.

Also, try helping other people in your class. It shows you understand the work and you're able to help other people due to this, making them believe that you're able to cope with more advanced work coming at a faster pace.

An obvious one is also attending your classes. There's nothing worse than trying to jump up a higher level but not attending your classes. It really doesn't show dedication. Make sure you're also vocal about the fact you wish to move to a level 3. If you don't ask, you won't get. Teachers are humans too and they're likely to forget things occasionally! So remind them (just don't over remind them).

I hope this helps you. Good luck at college and all the best at trying to enrol on that level 3!
    Last edited by Tom; 22-08-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wubing

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    It's more than pleasing your teachers - it's about showing you can cope with the workload. By jumping from a level 2 to a level 3 (I'm presuming here you're taking a BTEC) you're going to be taking on more Units. You need to demonstrate that you can cope with the work by handing in your tasks on time, meeting criteria (pass, merits and distinctions) without any problems.

Also, try helping other people in your class. It shows you understand the work and you're able to help other people due to this, making them believe that you're able to cope with more advanced work coming at a faster pace.

An obvious one is also attending your classes. There's nothing worse than trying to jump up a higher level but not attending your classes. It really doesn't show dedication. Make sure you're also vocal about the fact you wish to move to a level 3. If you don't ask, you won't get. Teachers are humans too and they're likely to forget things occasionally! So remind them (just don't over remind them).

I hope this helps you. Good luck at college and all the best at trying to enrol on that level 3!
    I think teachers at my college don't know that I have been told that I can be moved up. As only my old school adviser has told me that the college has told him that info. Therefore, should I hint at it, for example I could say "Hopefully if I keep working hard I might move up to level 3" Would that work or would it be to obvious that I have been told something that I should not really hear?

Anyways,

Thanks for your help!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Cow View Post
    I think teachers at my college don't know that I have been told that I can be moved up. As only my old school adviser has told me that the college has told him that info. Therefore, should I hint at it, for example I could say "Hopefully if I keep working hard I might move up to level 3" Would that work or would it be to obvious that I have been told something that I should not really hear?

Anyways,

Thanks for your help!
    The teachers will most likely know. Someone will know, at least - even if it's your Course Manager. If you just outright said to your teacher(s) when you first start "I've been told I can move onto Level 3 if I progress enough" they will enquire about it for you. Then you can get updates from them as to what's going on and what they've found out. They can't tell you you can do it and then stop you from doing it.

Honestly, there's no need to hint - be upfront!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast