HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    rnix

Latest Awards:

To be fair I've hated every layout habbox has had lately!
    I only visit the site to edit pages for content and to log into the staff panel.
    plus the radio only works 1 out of 20 tries.
    forever the queen.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wennn.

Latest Awards:

I agree with some of the suggestions already put forward, particularly the ones about including a Habbox logo, moving the radio closer to the requests & shoutouts box, and changing the font. It would be great to see different font sizes used as well, either to bring attention to certain types of content or simply to introduce a sense of hierarchy to the site.

As for the colour scheme, you can't really choose one that pleases everybody because everyone has different preferences, but I would suggest killing the background image entirely or replacing it with a lighter, neutral-coloured one (white, cream, light grey, beige etc.) like what the other fansites have done. Let the content and imagery bring the site to life. I don't think you should waste time on allowing people to choose their own site skin because at the end of the day, no one is going to be bothered to do it. It only makes sense for the forum because people spend a lot of time on it!

I would consider increasing the width of the content as well. At the moment it's constrained at 940px which is a shame because another 50px or so can be added (just make sure it's under 1024px). 50px may not seem like much, but it makes a world of difference and you can do a lot with it.

I think the most important question however is to ask what the "new" site is trying to achieve. Is the objective just to serve the existing Habbox community (honestly though, how many of you actually use the site?) or is the objective to attract new Habbo users and encourage them to join Habbox instead of other fansites? The answer to that question will determine what you ultimately include on your front page. To be honest, there is nothing majorly wrong with the current design of the site. The bigger problem is the user experience. For example, the navigation is a bit convoluted, which makes it difficult for new users to find what they want. The latest badges widget isn't bringing a whole lot of value to users either as they don't currently link to badge guides. Replacing it with the latest forum posts widget (for example) may be a better idea because the forum is probably the best thing and most active part of Habbox.

I also had a look at the other fansites, and the only one that stood out of the pack was HabboShire. I have no idea how well they are doing, but they do have the best UI in my opinion - the rest of the fansites just look all too similar. We need to think about differentiating Habbox from the rest - we have an awesome community on the forum and a great wiki, but these two things are currently not prominent or advertised enough on the site. (What about rare values?) These should be the things that users first see when they visit the website, and these should be the things that will encourage them to stick around. The last thing we want is to produce yet another cookie-cutter Habbo fansite!
    Last edited by Drew; 19-11-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    650c

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    • but I would suggest killing the background image entirely or replacing it with a lighter, neutral-coloured one (white, cream, light grey, beige etc.) like what the other fansites have done. Let the content and imagery bring the site to life. I don't think you should waste time on allowing people to choose their own site skin because at the end of the day, no one is going to be bothered to do it. It only makes sense for the forum because people spend a lot of time on it!

• I would consider increasing the width of the content as well. At the moment it's constrained at 940px which is a shame because another 50px or so can be added (just make sure it's under 1024px). 50px may not seem like much, but it makes a world of difference and you can do a lot with it.

• We have an awesome community on the forum and a great wiki, but these two things are currently not prominent or advertised enough on the site. (What about rare values?) These should be the things that users first see when they visit the website, and these should be the things that will encourage them to stick around. The last thing we want is to produce yet another cookie-cutter Habbo fansite!
    I wish I could agree with this even more. +rep though.

Completely agree with these things.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

what's your opinion on habbox today images

do you think they're needed if yes big or small images. the v7 ones apparently haven't been updated since launch
    Last edited by David; 28-11-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I like the HxTodays because they're useful for advertising things. I do add new ones all the time to advertise events or things - and managers can ask them but I (obviously) remove them once the event or promotion is over.

The ones that are there have been updated a few times since launch but mostly they're stock adverts which don't need changing?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Even if they are stock images they can do with being updated every X months to catch people's attention to Hx Today even more.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

HxTodays will be smaller. No one uses them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wennn.

Latest Awards:

I personally quite like the larger HxTodays (they are actually my favourite "upgrade" from V6) so it's a shame that you've decided to make them smaller. It seems a bit silly to assume that no one uses them? They may seem really useless at this point, but they just need to be updated frequently. Again, this is back to what I said about advertising the unique offerings of Habbox more prominently on the site - I feel that the HxTodays is a good way to achieve that.

@habboxgraphics on Twitter

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I like the HxTodays because they're useful for advertising things. I do add new ones all the time to advertise events or things - and managers can ask them but I (obviously) remove them once the event or promotion is over.

The ones that are there have been updated a few times since launch but mostly they're stock adverts which don't need changing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khloe View Post
    Even if they are stock images they can do with being updated every X months to catch people's attention to Hx Today even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I personally quite like the larger HxTodays (they are actually my favourite "upgrade" from V6) so it's a shame that you've decided to make them smaller. It seems a bit silly to assume that no one uses them? They may seem really useless at this point, but they just need to be updated frequently. Again, this is back to what I said about advertising the unique offerings of Habbox more prominently on the site - I feel that the HxTodays is a good way to achieve that.
    The only problem with the Habbox Today's is that when we migrated from V6 to V7, they ceased to be used. The image would be updated in accordance to General Management/Management changes (as an act of power and having their Habbos visible, presumably - good marketing for themselves, though) but that's it. I mean, that first image hasn't changed since we started V7 development nearly 1,000 years ago.

It's good to have stock images with quick links and things and as Khloe mentioned, it'll still be nice to keep them - even if they're going to stay there for X amounts of months. So we'll implement a smaller Habbox Today box. This should still be enough to catch people's eye and should also be rotating, so will show different updates.

If they are used again, in a future revision of V8 a larger one could be designed and placed in but until then that's how it'll stay I think! If anyone has any further suggestions based on them, feel free to reply.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

Now As A DJ and Events Host I hear alot of the listeners complaing on how our fourm and and pages look old and out dated prehaps a new skin to give us fresh look , might atract more listeners, as far as technical improvements prehaps a live chat room, for those whom dont play habbo?

The arcade one of my favorite part ,if you could earn tokens playing in the arcade , that might also be a cool idea that might attract attention

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast