HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Question [Habbox] Web Design Discussion!

In order to prevent Habbox.com's eighth version from being an unsightly mess with no functionality, we at Habbox are coming to you - our users - to figure out what your ideal site looks like, and what needs to be done in the next version in order to create it.

As it stands we're able to add features and functions at the backend of the site quite easily since the update, it's just the skin itself that needs some TLC. This thread, therefore, will be a point of discussion over the coming weeks for the Habbox community to present their visions (via anything from written requests to rough sketches to fully coded designs ) of what they think V8 should look like and what features it should contain.

Remember: you don't need to be a coder or a designer to participate in this discussion. Just let us know what you want to see and do based on other sites you visit and we'll try to incorporate them! If you are able to code, however, and would be interested in coding the final revision, do PM me and let me know -- anything as basic as HTML and CSS is acceptable but CMS is an advantage.

Also, to add a nice little extra for you all, every post with a good idea, suggestion or anything of note will be entered into a raffle. After this thread is closed, a post will be selected (at random) and a prize will be given! The prize will be 200 credits and 1 year HabboxForum VIP! Pretty good, right?

So, what are you waiting for? Get involved! All feedback and suggestions are welcome

Tom
    Last edited by Tom; 26-08-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    Like cameron446: Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What it needs:

• Color. Less black/dark and more color.
    • To be released with a logo.
    • Radio controls, stats and requests in the same place - not scattered across the site.
    • More width, and fluidity. currently it's a line of articles and a line of widgets. Add another line on the left side.
    • A better table to show events and forum posts. The current one is just ugly as hell and who wants to look at it, honestly? have icons and stuff for it like the other fansites.
    • Compact Articles. List them with a small preview and the relevant information, because 5 articles per page isn't very good imo.
    • A Featured article at the top.
    • A custom background, not an old habbo home image.
    • A better designed twitter box, not a wall of text.
    • Better forum and wiki advertisement.
    • A well placed navigation, the v7 one looks like it was tossed in last minute.

What it doesn't need:

• Separate account from the forum
    • 4 years of development
    • Volter. At all. Get rid of it.
    • Stay away from Ubuntu as well, use something more user friendly.
    • A black outline on everything
    • There's too many sub nav's, surely you can drop most of them. Keep it simple.

What you could probably do:

• A fixed navbar and radio (follows when you scroll away)
    • If you keep accounts separate from forum, how about working profile pages?

I'll probably think of more later.
    Last edited by David; 26-08-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Like cameron446: Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

Where did the feedback threads go from v7 release? I'm sure myself and a few others posted some ideas and other things in it. Be helpful if we can get that moved back into view to refer to!

But yeah, pretty much what Dave said. 100% needs some sort of forum integration onto the main site.

Tokens
    Habbo
    zebbadi

Latest Awards:

apparantly i want a new events widget cuz its ugly!!I dunno it's what I'm told!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by zebbadi View Post
    apparantly i want a new events widget cuz its ugly!!I dunno it's what I'm told!
    What are your thoughts on the current Events widget? Would you prefer any changes?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

It could use a logo

Tokens
    Habbo
    zebbadi

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    What are your thoughts on the current Events widget? Would you prefer any changes?
    well its a very grey boring table as @David pointed it out. I'm not one to normally compare other fansites but something like these would look a lot better : http://i.icap.me/391440627534e54c.png http://i.icap.me/391440627539ef3f.png

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by zebbadi View Post
    well its a very grey boring table as @David pointed it out. I'm not one to normally compare other fansites but something like these would look a lot better : http://i.icap.me/391440627534e54c.png http://i.icap.me/391440627539ef3f.png
    So, you're thinking like bigger, wider widgets - or something different completely?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think colour is the issue, I think images are. A grey site is fine if images are used IMO and I personally HATE colourful sites (non habbo dark ftw).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So, you're thinking like bigger, wider widgets - or something different completely?
    i'd like to see something like hffm's, the green one sam posted

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast