HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

did i not post like 3 years ago suggestions on this and it was probably ignored

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

A limit could be introduced on tokens like a twice-yearly clear out/limit of tokens every year to get people to spend them.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    can i use all my tokens on pink rep bars
    I was going to say exactly this, we ought to have a choice of rep bar colours to spend tokens on. I'd love orange.

In addition some more obscure name colours should be introduced. Why not have dark orange, teal, grey and other more strange colours introduced? Another idea but maybe controversial would be purchasing reputation power with tokens. I'd actually back that as all you're doing is converting hard earned tokens (for keeping the forum active) into reputation. That's being 'earned' in my eyes.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 11-11-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    A limit could be introduced on tokens like a twice-yearly clear out/limit of tokens every year to get people to spend them.

I was going to say exactly this, we ought to have a choice of rep bar colours to spend tokens on. I'd love orange.

In addition some more obscure name colours should be introduced. Why not have dark orange, teal, grey and other more strange colours introduced? Another idea but maybe controversial would be purchasing reputation power with tokens. I'd actually back that as all you're doing is converting hard earned tokens (for keeping the forum active) into reputation. That's being 'earned' in my eyes.
    yeah allow purchase of rep power. ruin the rep system, so we can ditch it and get a like system.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Coloured rep bars could be fun, obv yellow green and red are out of the running at the moment but there's plenty left in the spectrum that could be done. Currently all I spend mine on are icons (bee should be permanent plz) but a raffle of some sort would also be good and would possibly stop token count getting so huge for everyone as long as it's a decent charge to enter and not like 3 tokens a ticket

Buying rep with tokens I def don't like; tokens are a quantitative way of rewarding people which you can get just by pasting a huge amount of words, rep is (supposed to be) qualitative for posts that serve a purpose
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    Well I'm still waiting on my **** domo ;lIn all honesty, I've never personally seen the point in a forum currency.The icons net to names can be a good idea, but defo need some work. The flags look dreadful, I appreciate its a "waving" look, but perhaps animate it? Or just have a rectangular square. The sizes and spacing of icons need some work too, eg.Notice how the poop icon and the superman icon are cut off in previews, and also notice the spacing between Matt's name and the poppy in comparison to the fore mentioned. Is this my skin causing issues, or is this a resolution thing? I notice the ghost icon is similar too.
    Actually wasn't a huge fan of the flags myself so I mocked a different style up ages ago http://i.imgur.com/kLslzaw.png I did actually finish them all but never uploaded and cba to upload now unless asked. Only really made them because the flags had many inconsistencies between them and some weren't even correct lmao.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 11-11-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    What are your views on tokens? / Do you value tokens as a good prize?
    Like you said it has potential, but currently there's nothing worth buying. the flags were a good idea to bring out but some people (including me) thought the design of them wasn't appealing at all. Someone said they look like books and i can't help but agree. i'd buy it again if they were redesigned.

It can be a good prize, but not on client. people on habbo don't care, because they don't know what it is. But that's events' problem not yours.

What would make you spend your tokens?
    I'd spend them if there was something I like. And if the price wasn't ridiculous, cause I don't have that many tokens as it is lol.

Are forum name icons boring - do you want something else?
    When chippiejin brought out that movie text effect i thought more would follow, but nothing has. if you could get more effects like that people might buy them. Also what was that icon competition that @j0rd; won? Maybe do that frequently or something to get new stuff.

Is there something that could be introduced to the Shop that makes you want to earn more tokens?*
    See above.

Do you think there should be more ways to earn tokens?
    No, you have all the ways you need - it's just not pushed enough.
    You could bring back Chris' community challenge with something like the forum as a whole needs to get X tokens in 24 hours, and release some of your new stuff as the reward. Have mods post some quizzes, and give dolphins a heads up to post a comp or two that contribute to it as well.
    When I was Forum Manager I couldn't think of anything like the flags that could be put there permanently because if we did it with everything it would just be overcrowded so I think the flags should definitely stay but I agree they need a makeover. When I first released them we were inundated with people buying them and I think if they are redone, that could happen again.

Yeah the new font name thing that Chippiewill introduced was cool but I think if the Forum was full of them it would look so tacky. The competition thing that Jord won was done a few times by myself and Drew who was Graphics Manager at the time. When she resigned, the new Graphics Manager didn't put any effort into continuing it at all and that's why it kinda fell through but it didn't really get any/many entries anyway.

I tried getting mods to post quizzes and even added it to their minimums but they didn't really like doing them as if they wanted to do that they'd just become Competitions Staff.

Quote Originally Posted by thms View Post
    HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE. personalized rep bars i want it

i like tokens tbh i collect them in events because i'm nearly at the amount to get vip lol x
    I think if everyones rep bars were all different colours it'd be so tackey and I told Will this when he did the pink ones

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post

Purchasing rep power is something that came up a lot when I was manager and that would be awful

BTW @Matt; I think I had all of the Display Order for icons set to 10 so you could put things in the shop to appear before the icons like Bertie is. There'sthree icons that are completely lost underneath all the flags and I've never seen them before

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Reintroduce purchase of coins. Add strict limits. is habbox poor again or something?

Coloured rep
    Perm purchases (incl. icons and rep colour) that cost a large amount (20-30k?)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I tried getting mods to post quizzes and even added it to their minimums but they didn't really like doing them as if they wanted to do that they'd just become Competitions Staff.
    It should still be their job, if they're only there for the power to warn someone then they shouldn't be a mod. the competitions department and anything the mods do should be completely different anyway.

Also yes to some permanent purchases

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Permanent purchase option sounds very good.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When I was Forum Manager I ALWAYS said to myself that Iwas going to add the option to pay 750 or so Tokens to submit your own icon to have as your Forum Name for 2 Weeks but never did it. Maybe that could be implemented

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast